Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1989 110 2-door soft top
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for 5 white Wolf rims in good or like new condition. Seems like no one in the US has them in stock.
I have 5 like-new black rims if someone wants to trade. They’re currently on my truck so we’d have to work out the logistics, but I’m willing to travel a reasonable distance to meet and swap.

·
Premium Member
Land Rover - All Models
83 Posts
Looking for 5 white Wolf rims in good or like new condition. Seems like no one in the US has them in stock.
I have 5 like-new black rims if someone wants to work out a trade. They’re currently on my truck so we’d have to work out the logistics, but I’m willing to travel a reasonable distance to meet and swap.
Hello

I have brand new ones on the ship now.
Will be here 1st week of July.
ANR4583W
See listing below. Let me know if you have questions.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have 5 like-new black rims if someone wants to work out a trade. They’re currently on my truck so we’d have to work out the logistics, but I’m willing to travel a reasonable distance to meet and swap.
Did you try RN? They normally stock but who knows with the current covid situation.

·
Registered
5,866 Posts
We stopped stocking them due to the new tarriffs, no more chinese sourced wheels for us

·
Premium Member
1989 110 2-door soft top
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I considered that. To do them properly I would have to put my truck up on jack stands, take all 4 wheels off, take those 4 plus the spare down to the tire store, have the tires dismounted, take 5 rims to the sandblaster, then take them to be powdercoated or painted, and then back to the tire store to have the tires remounted. My guess is that's around $100 per wheel. If I buy 5 rims then re-sell my black rims I might lose a little less than that. Even if I broke even, the logistics of all that is pretty difficult. I can't fit 5 tires and wheels in the back of my SUV.

I figured the path of least resistance was to find 5 good, used wheels, maybe an even trade with someone. Next easiest was to buy new. Third choice was a DIY paint job. Probably the least durable option, but this truck doesn't spend summers in Martha's Vineyard, so I guess it doesn't have to be show perfect.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
For what it's worth, I love powder coating but not for parts that get any real use like wheels. It tends to chip and water will creep under and start to flake off. When you try and repair it looks like crap. Did it 1x and never again. Ended up blasting it all back-off. A good etch primer and paint for steel wheels will last you a lot longer and much easier to touch up. Now, granted I'm pretty hard on the truck and wheel it a good bit. If the truck is more of a weekend coffee getter you will probably not have an issue. JMHO!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts