Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ive seen them on ebay. But best chance is talk to a military friend or contractor and have them check out the DRMO or the retrograde yard overseas.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive seen them on ebay. But best chance is talk to a military friend or contractor and have them check out the DRMO or the retrograde yard overseas.
Thanks! I've seen on flea bay too, just wanted to see if anyone had them laying around or wanted to upgrade.

·
Mendicant
8,102 Posts
Lots of 24v out there. Not as much 12v. I bought a set a few months back and the seller was a complete idiot. Super slow shipping and now one of the units has dropped 2 LEDs on low beam. They were obviously mil surplus based on the packaging, but I don't know what accounts for the bad unit - rough handling, bad storage, bum unit, bad luck perhaps? Now I'm skeptical of anything that doesn't have a warranty. It seems like sources are minimal. So now I'm looking for a single...

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
The low beam on one of my new Truck-Lites (via the ~$330 ebay deal) lost intensity after a few hours of use. Hi beam continues to work fine. Given the low current draw, I don't see this being a wiring or grounding issue. So instead of seeing their classic (or annoying) dual X pattern, I'm running a solo. Will short out the issue and test the warranty if it comes to that.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
The low beam on one of my new Truck-Lites (via the ~$330 ebay deal) lost intensity after a few hours of use. Hi beam continues to work fine. Given the low current draw, I don't see this being a wiring or grounding issue. So instead of seeing their classic (or annoying) dual X pattern, I'm running a solo. Will short out the issue and test the warranty if it comes to that.
Call Trucklite. They will surely warranty that if they want to keep the small community of this style headlights around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts