Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, i've got an' 83 110 and I'm planning to take the hard top off at some point. I'd like a roll bar or seat belt bar so I can keep the 3-point seatbelt in the front seats (and perhaps delude myself into thinking that this single roll bar would in some way protect me :) ).

It would look like this:

Anyone got one?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, i'm pricing one out from them. But I figured I'd ask around on here as well. They're on day 3 of trying to get pricing and availability.

Pedro may have the hookup, but I'll probably still want to also go with the tall, full height bar so I can rock a bikini top.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, that was exactly what I needed and i missed it by mere hours. You'll see my sad reply on page 2 :)

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Yeah, i'm pricing one out from them. But I figured I'd ask around on here as well. They're on day 3 of trying to get pricing and availability. Pedro may have the hookup, but I'll probably still want to also go with the tall, full height bar so I can rock a bikini top.

I would be happy to quote you a price but I know longer work there. They have them.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I talked to Bryce (sp?) but we're in day 3 of trying to get the supplier to respond. Do you happen to remember what it cost?

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Yeah, I talked to Bryce (sp?) but we're in day 3 of trying to get the supplier to respond. Do you happen to remember what it cost?
I just looked up there thread and they are asking $85 plus shipping. I don't know if that is the price now.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh man, that's killer. Super cheap!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exmoore was crazy pricey on them too. There isn't hardware with the bars but can be sourced easily.
I assumed no hardware. I also assume you just go with the biggest bolts you can fit through the holes to play it safe.

Timing is everything. That languished for over a year and then you just missed it.
I know. Devastating. It's not my fault, I've only owned my landy for 10 days!

------ Follow up post added August 26th, 2015 05:15 PM ------

Abraham, how could the other guy's be $500, but Safari HP has em for $89?? Seems too good to be true?

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Abraham, how could the other guy's be $500, but Safari HP has em for $89?? Seems too good to be true?

Because they are New Take Offs. They are not new but they are good to go. Maybe a scratch or scuff. If that's an issue for you then get it re powder coated.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh I don't care, I'll paint it myself. Used is just fine by me.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bumping this in case someone has one to offload now!

And Abraham, Safari quoted me $825+shipping, so not sure where the bargains went! They referenced a supplier, so my guess is the new take-offs are all gone.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm new-ish here, got his username?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts