Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Range Rover Classic Right Hand Swivel Ball / Pin / Knuckle assembly. 7 bolt, 10 spline, non-ABS. Perhaps you upgraded to 24 spline and still have the old parts kicking around? Please e-mail or PM me. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - I believe it will. I think 1987 thru mid 1993 were 10 spline, 7 bolt. I will send you a p.m.. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
I never really looked at them. What's the difference between a 10-spline vs 24-spline swivel assembly?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Isn't the diameter of a 24 spline different? In any event I need this for a RHD to LHD conversion on a Defender. The addition of the RRC knuckle on the right side is what I am after. Finding one to fit 10 spline, 7 bolt pattern will save me from replacing the whole axle (I think). I think the ABS version is different enough that it will not work but I could be wrong.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,802 Posts
Isn't the diameter of a 24 spline different? In any event I need this for a RHD to LHD conversion on a Defender. The addition of the RRC knuckle on the right side is what I am after. Finding one to fit 10 spline, 7 bolt pattern will save me from replacing the whole axle (I think). I think the ABS version is different enough that it will not work but I could be wrong.
See Dave Stauffer's part out ad in parts for sale. He's got everything you need to go lhd for short money

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
The axles are different diameter but as far as I know the swivel assemblies are the same as long as you're comparing non-ABS to non-ABS. But I don't know for 100%, that's why I was asking. The swivel balls are the same PN though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts