Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently sold my D90 with the idea of getting into a 110. Ideally looking for a RHD 110 with 200/300tdi fitted. Galv chassis is always a plus. Looking to purchase between now and December but will wait for the right one. Plan on keeping this one for a while if not forever.

Thanks Dsource!!

·
Premium Member
13,797 Posts
2 here that may be of interest

1st) galv chassis, smooth roof/w sunroof, fiberglass puma bonnet, td5 dash, g4 rack, 200 tdi with new clutch and short bellhousing ashcroft R380 truck has two tone seats and is painted in the burnt orange and black aka fire and ice theme owner has it priced @ 30k. There are some pictures of it in the throwback Thursday thread.

2nd) stratos blue 200 tdi 5 door wagon that needs a rear cross member replacement. Front doors replaced with puma doors. I originally imported the truck in 2008. I did the timing belt on it last winter for the current owner, truck isnt here but its local. Owner has it priced @ 20k, he's only driven it 500 miles since December and his wife wants new wheels so....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 here that may be of interest

1st) galv chassis, smooth roof/w sunroof, fiberglass puma bonnet, td5 dash, g4 rack, 200 tdi with new clutch and short bellhousing ashcroft R380 truck has two tone seats and is painted in the burnt orange and black aka fire and ice theme owner has it priced @ 30k. There are some pictures of it in the throwback Thursday thread.

2nd) stratos blue 200 tdi 5 door wagon that needs a rear cross member replacement. Front doors replaced with puma doors. I originally imported the truck in 2008. I did the timing belt on it last winter for the current owner, truck isnt here but its local. Owner has it priced @ 20k, he's only driven it 500 miles since December and his wife wants new wheels so....
I sent you a couple PMs please give me a call at your convenience as I'm coming to virginia tomorrow morning and both trucks are interesting to me.

Please contact ASAP! Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My phone no is in my signature line. I don't have one for you. I will be around this weekend.
My email is [email protected]
Either is a far better way to get in touch than pms here.
Tried calling a few times, number is 914-447-6782. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
I know of two that need frame swaps. Both are less than $15K. I have no association with either, I just stumbled upon them while searching for a 110 myself.
PM me if you are want their contact info.
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
I will have a 200 and a 300 Tdi, later this year. December or so. Both LHD though but 5 door with sliding windows.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dan good to meet you today.
Pleasure was all mine Doug! Looking forward to hearing from you!

I will have a 200 and a 300 Tdi, later this year. December or so. Both LHD though but 5 door with sliding windows.
RHD is really something I'm stuck on fellas, to me it's half the character of the defender. Although, uncle Doug over here already swayed me on a couple other preferences of mine today :whistling:

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Pleasure was all mine Doug! Looking forward to hearing from you! RHD is really something I'm stuck on fellas, to me it's half the character of the defender. Although, uncle Doug over here already swayed me on a couple other preferences of mine today :whistling:
Totally agree with the RHD preference. Nothing beats it. Especially when the dog rides along shotgun. Kids get a kick out of it after they've done a couple double checks. Go for half doors too.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Totally agree with the RHD preference. Nothing beats it. Especially when the dog rides along shotgun. Kids get a kick out of it after they've done a couple double checks. Go for half doors too.
I am with you on this. I prefer RHD.

·
Premium Member
10,282 Posts
Recently sold my D90 with the idea of getting into a 110. Ideally looking for a RHD 110 with 200/300tdi fitted. Galv chassis is always a plus. Looking to purchase between now and December but will wait for the right one. Plan on keeping this one for a while if not forever.

Thanks Dsource!!
We have 2 ROW 110s in RHD.
One fitted with the 2.8 liter Iveco TD engine used in the Land Rover PS-10.
The other has the fastest 4 cylinder turbo diesel I've ever driven, fitted with the Isuzu 2.8 liter TD 4JB1-T.
This is an SUV engine not and overweight clanky delivery truck engine.
Both these 110s are fitted with brand new Ashcroft R380 Stumpy transmissions and new 1.4 liter LT230 transfer cases.
Drive and shift like new.
The Isuzu 110 was owned by Defense Research with 53,000 miles.
It has a 2 piece rear door with removable hardtop so you can install a canvas or pickup cab.
The Iveco 110 was owned by the British Red Cross.
Both are 2 doors fitted with hardtops.
I have uninstalled AC kits for both.
Both are pretty much rust free.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
The other has the fastest 4 cylinder turbo diesel I've ever driven, fitted with the Isuzu 2.8 liter TD 4JB1-T.
Both these 110s are fitted with brand new Ashcroft R380 Stumpy transmissions and new 1.4 liter LT230 transfer cases.
Does that make them 4.2 liter Rovers? They should be fast :)

·
Premium Member
10,282 Posts
It has a 2 piece rear door with removable hardtop so you can install a canvas or pickup cab.
Neil pointed out my Typo, thanks buddy.
Should have read:
Both these 110s are fitted with brand new Ashcroft R380 Stumpy transmissions and new 1.4 raito LT230 transfer cases.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts