Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always enjoy having a series on the island, and I recently sold my beautifully restored III as I debated installing a galvanized chassis.

Specs:
-galvanized chassis (a must), galvanized bulkhead (a bonus)
-rebuilt petrol engine and gearbox or more recent diesel upgrade
-mechanicals all working and rebuilt (brake MC, clutch MC and SC), if IIA, ideally with dual MC upgrade from III
-WB: 80, 86, 88; no 109 and 107 only in pickup
-configuration: any, ST, SW, half cab

Anyone got something of interest?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a complete 1966 109 chassis the engine runs great but lee frame is rusty but everything else is there with overdrive transmission you can hear it run

·
Registered
688 Posts
There's a local builder that is going to be selling his personal 88" soft-top. I believe it checks all the boxes, including Lanny Clark-like quality. I don't apply that label lightly, having worked with and been around Lanny for almost 25 years. This guy's builds are that good. Plus it's ready to go and can make a stand-by ferry for the weekend. :)

He was asking wholesale for his last build - but it didn't sell, so he opted the retail route and got it (and more). I'm not affiliated with the guy in any way, but also don't know whether he's marketing the car just yet, so I don't feel comfortable broadcasting his contact info. Shoot me a PM if you're interested and I'll try to find out more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts