Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering adding an LR3 to the garage. Needs to be a v8 7 seater. Don't want/need a project but don't want/need a showroom truck either. Indifferent to mods. Essentially looking for a soccer mom vehicle, prefer proximity to VA or ME. What's out there?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Not selling our 05 anymore (decided to keep it for a land truck) but I will say this, it has been the most reliable vehicle we have ever owned. The prices seem to have hit bottom for the first year (05) at around $9k. I paid $10k about 5 years ago.

Reactions: Stocklane

·
Registered
28 Posts
Considering adding an LR3 to the garage. Needs to be a v8 7 seater. Don't want/need a project but don't want/need a showroom truck either. Indifferent to mods. Essentially looking for a soccer mom vehicle, prefer proximity to VA or ME. What's out there?
Call Mike Holland or Freddy at Holland's garage in Guilford, CT. They love LR3s and pick them up opportunistically to straighten up and sell. I think they have a few on the lot right now and could help get the right spec/price range/condition.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pros
Body is very straight
No signs of rust
Has a really nice ARB front bumper and Warn XD9000 winch
Also has a roof rack

Interior is Nice - but has a tear on the top of the center console

Cons
It’s not the youngest LR3 out there as it has traveled 233,000 miles
We hadn’t driven it for 6 months until today & it fired right up which was a good sign - however there is definitely as issue with the suspension - it may be a simple sensor fix - but We would need to check the codes before saying for sure.

I truly don’t know where to price it but will give it some thought.
Cheers

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts