Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good used grille / radiator surround. Either the "regular" style or the "bumpout" A/C kind would be fine. White or Alpine White is a plus.

Sample pics below:
grill_surround01.JPG

ASJ710060.gif

·
Premium Member
7,473 Posts
Looking for a good used grille / radiator surround. Either the "regular" style or the "bumpout" A/C kind would be fine. White or Alpine White is a plus. Sample pics below:
I've got a non-AC one at SHP you can have. Just needs shipping or RURR. It's portofino red though.

·
Premium Member
7,473 Posts
You should ship out of Baltimore and come up to visit the crew!
I'll actually be in MD for business 17-25 Sept. Driving the truck from Orlando to Baltimore doesn't sound like fun right now and I am pressed for time. Fly down from Balt on the 26th, drop in Charleston on the 28th, fly to BWI, then off to HI the next day.

·
Premium Member
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll actually be in MD for business 17-25 Sept. Driving the truck from Orlando to Baltimore doesn't sound like fun right now and I am pressed for time. Fly down from Balt on the 26th, drop in Charleston on the 28th, fly to BWI, then off to HI the next day.
Road trip in your new truck!!?? That should sound fantastic. Also - Nova HH is 9/17! That's a goocher.

·
Premium Member
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I've got a non-AC one at SHP you can have. Just needs shipping or RURR. It's portofino red though.
Uh, I'm *guessing* they sent me the wrong one? It's not Portofino (which I'm assuming was from your NAS90?), nor is it a NAS version, and is in a bit rough shape*. It appears to be an early ROW grille surround, with the indented bottom and PTO pass through as well. Oh well...I'll see what I can do, probably can make it work in the meantime.

*actually now that I have a closer look at it, it's pretty twisted up and has quite a bit of galvanic corrosion going on...may not fly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,473 Posts
Uh, I'm *guessing* they sent me the wrong one? It's not Portofino (which I'm assuming was from your NAS90?), nor is it a NAS version, and is in a bit rough shape*. It appears to be an early ROW grille surround, with the indented bottom and PTO pass through as well. Oh well...I'll see what I can do, probably can make it work in the meantime. *actually now that I have a closer look at it, it's pretty twisted up and has quite a bit of galvanic corrosion going on...may not fly.
WTF is that?!?! I'm laughing out loud right now. That's pretty messed up and they must have been confused. Have you called them yet? I'll be by there tomorrow and can ask as well.

On the bright side it was "free!l

·
Premium Member
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WTF is that?!?! I'm laughing out loud right now. That's pretty messed up and they must have been confused. Have you called them yet? I'll be by there tomorrow and can ask as well.

On the bright side it was "free!l
Nah, I haven't called them yet...figured I wouldn't pour anything on for a Friday with the weekend looming :). But, if you'll be there tomorrow keep an eye out for that Portofino one and maybe the 2nd time can be a charm!

·
Premium Member
7,363 Posts
Wait...is yours actually out of the truck? For once, me giving you flak for taking sh*t apart has come back to bite me as it may save my arse in the short term :).
You are taking it off. :finger

Seriously. It's out... lemme know when you want to pick it up. :thumb:

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts