Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a conversion from a manual to auto and need the shifter center console. Checking for used ones before I order a new one from RN. Would be interested in other options than original style if they look good and fit the space properly.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
rijosho.

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
You mean all the 97's got the wrong badge?
I honestly don't mind if the truck CAME with an auto, but converting to auto unless necessary just boggles my mind. I can see if you want it for easier trail riding, you're constantly in traffic, or your ankle is bad; otherwise SAVE THE 3RD PEDAL

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Love the banter. I had to replace the transmission (Lt85) and went with a newly refurbed ZF. I will be doing a lot of driving around town and then long adventures in it. I mated it to a quieter transfer case as well looking for a more refined and quiet ride. Yes, less traditional but more user friendly. The new drivetrain is crower cammed rebuilt 3.9 with a ZF auto mated to a L230Q. Hope to be getting it back today.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
still looking for one. Ashcroft has not responded to my emails about availability and it appears from their web page that they are out of them. Any leads on a decent one would help, or other good options for auto consoles. Also, when changing over from the manual lt85 to the auto, are any modifications to the transmission tunnel needed to fit the auto console? I have a temporary one in for now until i can source the correct part.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts