Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a Defender 90 project truck
Preferences:
-US Only
-Im located n NJ/PA but ok with traveling to pick up
-Running, but would consider a motor repair/swap if necessary
-White, Black, Silver (but color isnt a deal breaker)
-Less rust the better
-Solid Frame, but would be ok with repairing or replacing floor pans, outriggers, doors, and/or bulkhead. For the right price, I would even consider doing a frame-off resto
-No santanas
-No military spec

Budget 5-15k depending on condition

Thank you!

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D90 is preferred due to garaging space. I actually saw your post on fb marketplace. How much do you think I'd end up spending piecing the truck together? Do you have the drivetrain? Thanks

·
Registered
424 Posts
Buy yourself a junk discovery 1 for -$1000 and that will give you a full drivetrain and axles, get a used frame from someone here or buy a new galv, rest of the body pieces can be found here as well. You could probably piece it all together for less than 8k with used stuff and paint it whatever color you want.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Probably not anywhere near what you are looking for, but I have 2 customer's 90 SW, LHD 200 TDi cars here.
1 green, 1 red.
Green car is the better of the 2, but is 2x the high end of your budget. Runs, drives and presents very well.
Red car has some crunchiness, but runs well.

I'm locted near Hershey, and the cars are in storage nearby......

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
I have a bone dry 1987 LHD Defender 90 2.5 Td, truck is still in Europe but I can deliver to Baltimore or port of Newark for 15000 euro incl ocean freight.

Truck comes from Southern Spain, good bulkhead, complete and running well. Some dings in the paint.

Price is 15000 euro, I can throw in free port delivery in Europe and free ocean freight.

https://riverhousemini.com/inventory/1987-landrover-defender-90-stationwagon-white/

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Probably not anywhere near what you are looking for, but I have 2 customer's 90 SW, LHD 200 TDi cars here.
1 green, 1 red.
Green car is the better of the 2, but is 2x the high end of your budget. Runs, drives and presents very well.
Red car has some crunchiness, but runs well.

I'm locted near Hershey, and the cars are in storage nearby......
You're about 2 hours from me, do you have pictures of the red one? What are they looking to get for it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a bone dry 1987 LHD Defender 90 2.5 Td, truck is still in Europe but I can deliver to Baltimore or port of Newark for 15000 euro incl ocean freight.

Truck comes from Southern Spain, good bulkhead, complete and running well. Some dings in the paint.

Price is 15000 euro, I can throw in free port delivery in Europe and free ocean freight.
Please private message me to discuss

·
Premium Member
15,139 Posts
Buy yourself a junk discovery 1 for -$1000 and that will give you a full drivetrain and axles, get a used frame from someone here or buy a new galv, rest of the body pieces can be found here as well. You could probably piece it all together for less than 8k with used stuff and paint it whatever color you want.
Not really possible. There are a 100 little defender specific parts and they are hard to piece together and a defender looking thing on a disco title is suboptimal. Buy a defender/90/110 donor. If you want EFI V8 and LHD and auto, an up to 95 dI or RRC is well worth it as a donor for the drivetrain and fuel system parts. They can be had running and driving but rusted for $1000-1500.

·
Registered
308 Posts
a little over your first mentioned budget but I have a clean 1992 LHD D90 200TDI in Miami with a clean FL title. one owner car, 63.000 kilometers/40.000 miles on the clock.

Looking for 28k dollars.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts