Defender Source Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have considered LR4's but it looks like a decent 2013 is going to be $23-$28k, and the newer trucks are even more. I just don't think I need to spend that much right now. We already have 3 cars between 2 people. Will likely sell my Jeep GC once I buy a Rover.

I actually have a few LR3's to choose from now after months of coming up short.

Texas 2008 white on tan, 110k, SE V8, cracked sunroof, some dash cracking, private sale - $7500 + $1200 shipping

Chicago 2006, white on tan, SE V8, 2 owners, clean carfax with maintenance history, looks really clean, at a random lot - $9500 + $800 shipping

Trying to make my mind up...

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I'm also looking and missed out on a LR4 with under 125k miles in great condition for $8,500. Looks like prices here in the NE are lower.

There is an LR3 (white) in Coney Island for $5,300 on FB Marketplace and CL. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I'm also looking and missed out on a LR4 with under 125k miles in great condition for $8,500. Looks like prices here in the NE are lower.

There is an LR3 (white) in Coney Island for $5,300 on FB Marketplace and CL. Good luck.
Thanks.

I saw that white one but it has 150k on it. Trying to be under 100k miles.

In all honestly I am probably going to end up in an LR4, just waiting for one in my spec to pop up. The LR3 market is mostly high milage auction rats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There’s a black on black 2014 LR4 lux with 120k miles for 15k in Tuscaloosa, AL on Facebook. Seems like a good deal for what you’re looking for if you could deal with the color? I don’t know the seller, but we have mutual friends, that I’d trust, so I know it’s not a flake posting.

Heck, if you have good trout fishing around you, I’d drive it to you for some side cash and get to fly fish! 😂

Low mileage Lr3s are hard to find. I briefly drive a high mileage one, loved the truck, but it was in need of a trans so had to let it go! Hope you find what you’re looking for!
J

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Adam, which shipping company are you getting quotes from? Just curious...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Adam, which shipping company are you getting quotes from? Just curious...

Pete is the guys name, ships a lot of Rovers, 954-274-5214. A few people I know have used him before. Pretty sure he is just a broker. I have also used a woman named Athena Hall who came recommended on here when I shipped my Defender to the buyer in Wyoming.

-------------------------------

Theoretically picking up a 2013 White LR4 this Saturday in Massachusetts... PPI was done at a shop, new front and rear control arms and brakes.... but at this point who knows until the keys are in my hand and im driving it home...

I got screwed last week by a private seller in CA, cost me $150 for a PPI only to have him get cold feet when I went to wire him the money. This whole thing has been a roller coaster.

·
Premium Member
7,611 Posts
I just used a guy to deliver a 12 L322 from Florida to Maine. he is an owner operator and was in regular communication letting me know where my truck was and he delivered on time down to the hour. Happy to pass on his info if anyone is looking. He does regular north/south deliveries.

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
I just used a guy to deliver a 12 L322 from Florida to Maine. he is an owner operator and was in regular communication letting me know where my truck was and he delivered on time down to the hour. Happy to pass on his info if anyone is looking. He does regular north/south deliveries.
I’d like his info if you don’t mind sending via PM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not really for sale (yet) but everything has a price. It does have 230,000 miles. Original engine and transmission. Extensive maintenance kept. Great truck

gap tool
Baja rack
FR drawers
Dual battery
Arb front bumper
Warn Xeon 10s winch
TR rear bumper and swing away
TR sliders
LR4 compressor
ARB single compressor
HID
Cold weather package
Locking rear diff

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks.

I picked up a one owner 2013 LR4 HSE this weekend. Had an enjoyable 4-5 hour drive home from Massachusetts. My first V8 which is a cool experience, although she's thirsty.

I pray this 5.0 has the legs that some of these 2XX,XXX LR3 4.4's seem to have. I plan to redo the cooling system proactively so hopefully avoid the overheating issues.

The dealer I got it from just did front and rear lower control arms, pads and rotors, fixed parking brake, wheel alignment and oil change...

Going to paint the grill, badges and side vents black tomorrow, probably move down to 18" LR3 wheels and KO's etc shortly... Just ordered a IID Tool from Lucky8 for the inevitable...

(covered in salt and windshield washer fluid from drive home)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks.

I picked up a one owner 2013 LR4 HSE this weekend. Had an enjoyable 4-5 hour drive home from Massachusetts. My first V8 which is a cool experience, although she's thirsty.

I pray this 5.0 has the legs that some of these 2XX,XXX LR3 4.4's seem to have. I plan to redo the cooling system proactively so hopefully avoid the overheating issues.

The dealer I got it from just did front and rear lower control arms, pads and rotors, fixed parking brake, wheel alignment and oil change...

Going to paint the grill, badges and side vents black tomorrow, probably move down to 18" LR3 wheels and KO's etc shortly... Just ordered a IID Tool from Lucky8 for the inevitable...

(covered in salt and windshield washer fluid from drive home)
View attachment 458161
That’s awesome. Enjoy it!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Congratulations. White LR4 was our top choice when we picked up our LR3. Heated steering wheel and integrated Bluetooth for audio is worth the move to the 4. LR3 steering wheel is a block of ice in the winter.

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
Do the facelift, it’s 10 min job if you can find clean parts. Well worth it.

My 2012 below

·
Premium Member
7,812 Posts
Mind sharing what that costs?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts