Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a clean LR3, ideal truck is a sub 100k mile White on Alpaca 2008 V8 SE w/ HID's and no Navigation but am flexible on years etc. for the right truck.

Thanks
Adam

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adam, any luck?
My youngest is done dealing with the weekly fixes
of his D1 and thinks an r3 would be less hassle. Any solid higher mileages ones out there?
Nothing yet but I have my fingers crossed for one via a member.

·
Premium Member
5,150 Posts
How about 84k Stornaway Grey w/ black, cold weather package, second owner, tons of maintenance done at 80k in prep for my 16yo. daughter. She wants something a bit smaller....

Added 1/4/21:
We are the second owner, and completed a very thorough 75k mi service flushing all fluids from coolant to diffs to tranny/t-case and brakes, new belts (and tensioners) and hoses and coolant resovoir- including thermostat and housing, etc etc. Then did suspension with +2" OME coils/shocks with the ability to return to air if desired by simply flipping a switch and replacing air bags. New tires and LCAs, etc etc. And finally new SD rack, ARB bumper w/ winch. Was planning to replace the Defender or have it for our daughter, but neither is likely at this point, hence all the work on a low mile single owner vehicle...
Second pics shows comparing new 18" vs new 20" wheels/tires, your choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Texas truck fell through.

I will pay a finders fee if someone finds me the truck I am looking for, and I am able to buy it.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Caravana or CarMax + Warranty route?
I think LR3's are too old for those places.

I have about 15 sources im looking at and keep striking out.

If I wasn't so particular about what I want I could have a truck in a couple days, plenty of Silver on Black with 150k available, but where is the fun in that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think LR3's are too old for those places.

I have about 15 sources im looking at and keep striking out.

If I wasn't so particular about what I want I could have a truck in a couple days, plenty of Silver on Black with 150k available, but where is the fun in that.
Yup.

Whats your budget? I was trying to find "the" LR3... 07/08 under 120k, HD, 7 seat, cold weather packs, grey/blue/green/ w black interior, no rust, and service history and the one or two that came up both fell through, and both were ~$15k. That was over 4-5 months looking. There was a red on beige one at an LR dealer in indianapolis 3 months ago that was $16k with 88k miles that sold in about 5 hours.

I ended up looking for LR4s instead and that gave me more options on low miles, well maintained trucks. Paid $26 for a one owner, fully serviced '13 HSE HD with 46k miles. A little more $$ but I financed a bit of it instead of laying out all the cash.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ended up looking for LR4s instead and that gave me more options on low miles, well maintained trucks. Paid $26 for a one owner, fully serviced '13 HSE HD with 46k miles. A little more $$ but I financed a bit of it instead of laying out all the cash.
I am starting to lean the 2013 LR4 direction due to availability and milage factor. Black or Dark Grey on Black interior only. No wood trim. Don't need HD for the beach around here so I imagine the market of trucks is larger. It's not even that the LR4's are THAT much money, I just don't think that I am getting 2X value out of an LR4 vs LR3. I like them both equally.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am starting to lean the 2013 LR4 direction due to availability and milage factor. Black or Dark Grey on Black interior only. No wood trim. Don't need HD for the beach around here so I imagine the market of trucks is larger.
They all have a little wood, it actually looks nice with the black interior. I got my Colorado truck from Alabama (owner had two homes) and its brand new underneath. I'd recommend getting one out of state.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They all have a little wood, it actually looks nice with the black interior. I got my Colorado truck from Alabama (owner had two homes) and its brand new underneath. I'd recommend getting one out of state.
I am willing to go nationwide and have a shipper lined up.

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
Bump ttt... open to higher mileage trucks.
Have you considered the LR4's prices seem good IMO for the value they offer. We have the SCV6 which I was initially apprehensive about but its was always going to be my wife's daily so I gave in. It has been flawless for 4+ years with both city and highway driving. 18-19 mixed use MPG's are nothing to brag about but outside of a water pump all we've needed to do is change fluids. Highway cruising is as fast and reactive as we've needed it to be.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts