Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's getting hot and sticky down here in south Florida. So, I'm looking for a complete A/C kit for a 95 NAS D90. would prefer used, but don't want to source a bunch of parts.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
It's getting hot and sticky down here in south Florida. So, I'm looking for a complete A/C kit for a 95 NAS D90. would prefer used, but don't want to source a bunch of parts.
Used aren't generally a good deal ... I bought one and have probably invested more time and money fixing it than buying new.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Used aren't generally a good deal ... I bought one and have probably invested more time and money fixing it than buying new.

thanks for sharing that. what were some of the issues with a used system? missing components, or just replacing worn out parts?

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
I have the compressor, tubing, and vents from my 94.

You can have them for the cost of shipping. I will be off island and able to ship on the 8th.

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
I have the compressor, tubing, and vents from my 94. You can have them for the cost of shipping. I will be off island and able to ship on the 8th.
If all the fins are intact, I'll take the vents pay $20 or more for the shipping. If you could part with one of the tubing lines, I'll pay $20 to ship that. It would be the high pressure line that goes into the bottom right corner of evaporator. I can send a picture of the exact one tomorrow.
I'll even use the whole shebang, but the rest of the parts would be spares.

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
thanks for sharing that. what were some of the issues with a used system? missing components, or just replacing worn out parts?
Worn out.

20 years old at this stage.

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
If all the fins are intact, I'll take the vents pay $20 or more for the shipping. If you could part with one of the tubing lines, I'll pay $20 to ship that. It would be the high pressure line that goes into the bottom right corner of evaporator. I can send a picture of the exact one tomorrow.
I'll even use the whole shebang, but the rest of the parts would be spares.
I could use the short tube connecting the evaporator to the receiver dyer. Here are the photos showing the location. Mine has a hole where the SS oil line wore through it.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts