Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a 1997 D90 soft top in black, green or red. I am not looking for a collector car since I want to enjoy driving it so something in the higher mileage range (and commensurate lower price) is fine. I appreciate only 832 of these were imported into the U.S. so this is a tall order but I saw others being successful with this approach on this forum. Thank you, Greg

·
Premium Member
6,352 Posts
You may not be looking for a collector car but as you stated very few of these were made and they are now all collector status. Unfortunately even the worst condition one is going to be extremely expensive, Hope you saved your pennies.

·
Registered
'94 NAS 90 ST
103 Posts
Can I ask what your aversion is to '94 or '95...? just curious...
There are ST in those colors in those years.

mg

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Can I ask what your aversion is to '94 or '95...? just curious...
There are ST in those colors in those years.

mg
My guess would be shifting....as that would be my reason to prefer a 97 NAS. I have driven a converted ROW and even that makes city driving way more tolerable for someone like myself that hasn't driven a manual in about 30 years. I am also looking for soft top, but am willing to go back to manual for right price and to avoid added expense and trouble of converting SW to soft top. And the search continues....

BB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts