Defender Source Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m at a dead end with my ‘94 NAS. Truck seems to run fine but once driven for 30 minutes or so it will no longer idle. It will start right back up but then dies in seconds. I’ve replaced iacv, distributor, ignition coil(s), chicklet, plugs, wires, O2 sensors, fuel pump, fuel filter and I’m sure a couple others things I can’t think of at the moment. It’s been to two shops, one of which is pretty familiar with Defenders. Any suggestions on what road to go down next?
mine was doing just that, it would run great, then randomly cut off, then a while later crank and run like nothing was ever wrong. It was the ecm, the computer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a similar problem and found the connection to the ECU was not tight. I temporarily put some zip ties around the connection holding it tight to the ecu and that fixed the problem.

·
Premium Member
3,329 Posts
Forgive me I didn’t read all this, I would check voltage on your Ecu temp sensor. That regulates fueling, sounds like it’s on the Frits when it gets up to temp.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's probably the stepper motor. If replaced with a new non-original equipment stepper there are similar problems.
If you have the original clean it really well and reinstall.

·
Super Moderator
12,301 Posts
It's probably the stepper motor. If replaced with a new non-original equipment stepper there are similar problems.
If you have the original clean it really well and reinstall.
If set up correctly the stepper motor should not turn on during a normal high idle.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts