Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is RN the only source for these?

Where can I get a deal on a set of 6 of them, or trade my six stock '97 alloys in or something...people buy these alloys for large sums to put on other trucks I heard...hmm.

Me thinks WOLFs would make me truck look nice n mean.

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
Just saw them on Rovers Down South $70 a piece I think?? But... why would you want very heavy, very skinny wheels? Just looks?:confused

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in California and skinny is the spec here. I run 235s.

George at RDS is down to two of them.

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
I am in cali too and I never knew that skinny was in. The skinniest tire you see on used trucks is 12.5 just confused by the logic. Your truck looks well outfitted so I thought I would ask.

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I didn't notice that. Yeah most of our runs are in the desert or in tundra-esque mountain areas, and so the skinny tire cuts through the loose top layer better, providing stronger average traction and improved control, especially at higher speeds. I mentioned average of course because this doesn't cover people who like to run back and forth through small bogs all day. All the OEM mil spec Defenders that are shipping off all over the world come with even skinnier tires.

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
Got it. I was thinking rock crawling, one minded. So let me know when and where we are going to meet up for a run:thumbs

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look our NVTR. This trophy belongs to:

El Grupo
de
BON PIRATES
Société d'Expédition

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Wolf rims are cool, heavy but pretty indestructable.
They're also really easy to change the tyre by hand if you ever need to while you're out in the wilds.
I fitted a set equipedwith michelin sand tyres for my trip to Morocco last year. gave me no trouble at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts