Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my fiberglass top for the first time, and am pretty surprised at how much wind noise there is inside the cab while at highway speeds. I know everything is pretty tight and sealed, but wanted to know what others might have done to suppress some of this noise, if anything.

·
Premium Member
4,789 Posts
You could try and install some kind of glue on headliner that has insulation. If you have overhead lights then you may want to fold them back as they make allot of wind noise.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
When I had my fiber glass top I had the same problem, but the noise that I got came from under the truck since the floor is not sealed very well. Headliner is one way to go, and the other way is try to sound proof the floor with sound deadner and/or a carpet.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm heading out for a week in the eatern sierra, so I like the idea of just throwing some carpet in back for the trip. I assume as soon as I put a full load in the back, it will deaden it some as well. I think I'll put on my 'list' to pull the hardtop off, spray or apply some dynamat like stuff, and apply a headliner over that. I also hope to also get some help when I finally get around to line-x/rhino line the tub. I like the idea of using something under the rhino, but it would probably make it peel up.

I'll take a before dB reading and an after and hopefully post the results...

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,789 Posts
I thuoght of 2 solutions that fit the other catagory.

1: Have someone under 18 upgrade your stereo (thump thump)

2: Earplugs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts