Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my factory front bumper and brush guard combo. I want to replace the bumper with a similar Bumper that accepts a winch . It looks as though the brush guard at the center lower portion is bumped out to allow space for a winch. The bumpers on Rovers North look like what I need but the guys at Rovers North couldn't give me an answer as to weather this brush guard would bolt right on to there bumper. I'm hoping to not drill if I don't have to. Has anyone tried this? Do I need a whole new assembly? I really like the factory brush guard style. I like the RockWare but they are out of business I'm seeing. Any suggestions?

· Premium Member
640 Posts
I’m interested in the exact same thing. I was wondering if the ORE bumpers would work.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m interested in the exact same thing. I was wondering if the ORE bumpers would work.

The one at Rovers North may and I may have to order one and see if it will work and report back to you ! Lol

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the Camel Trophy brush guards are discontinued ? I havent scene one for sale in years . If its what I'm thinking you're recomending I love those! So everyone says the brush guard I have isn't safe? I thought it was to deflect limbs and things sticking out ?

· Registered
1,134 Posts
I think the Camel Trophy brush guards are discontinued ? I havent scene one for sale in years . If its what I'm thinking you're recomending I love those! So everyone says the brush guard I have isn't safe? I thought it was to deflect limbs and things sticking out ?
It will deflect small/modest sized limbs, but it isn’t structurally fit to do real work. When it’s required to do real work it bends back and causes body damage…hence the term used above, damage multiplier.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Understood. I do like the rock ware bumpers but They aren't around either. The Camel Trophy look like they mount the same as the factory. What makes them stronger? Also I have this question : I tried to pull my hood latch from inside the cab but it won't release the hood. Any tricks to lend? A way to approach it from underneath the truck?

· Registered
1,134 Posts
Understood. I do like the rock ware bumpers but They aren't around either. The Camel Trophy look like they mount the same as the factory. What makes them stronger? Also I have this question : I tried to pull my hood latch from inside the cab but it won't release the hood. Any tricks to lend? A way to approach it from underneath the truck?
The (real) camel trophy brush guards are made of more substantial material. Assuming steel, but I don’t know for certain. Rovers North did a run of them somewhat recently, but I’m not sure if they are always available for sale.

Regarding the hood - remove the grill and you can manually open the bonnet. It’s easy and cheap to install a new bonnet cable if yours is broken/stretched.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You're awesome ! Thank you so much. I have been trying to get on Rovers norths site but its shut down for whatever reason . Maybe I can get on a waiting list to get a Camel Trophy bumper .

· Premium Member
1996 D110, 1997 Disco 1, 2008 LR3
743 Posts
We have these in stock.
We have 2 version for AC and non AC trucks.
Price is $375 + shipping

· Premium Member
1,752 Posts
I had no idea this brush guard got so much grief! Lol I reached out to safari guard to see if they still make brush guards. I'm not a huge fan of the ARB . If I sell it I'll reach out to you for sure. Thanks !
East Coast Rover sells a replica of the original Safari Gard bumper, but they may require onsite installation..

P.S. - Of course other than the wait to get in, I'm sure they could resolve any issues you have while it is there..

· Premium Member
1,752 Posts
They come up for sale occasikonally as well. Here is a posting that I don't think sold, fi you can reach the original poster. Its an old Add, the poster was active today on the board..

· Premium Member
1,568 Posts

here is mine. A bumper like this is posted above. A low profile winch might work with your NAS brush guard.

· Premium Member
NAS 90SW
8,072 Posts
I had no idea this brush guard got so much grief! Lol I reached out to safari guard to see if they still make brush guards. I'm not a huge fan of the ARB . If I sell it I'll reach out to you for sure. Thanks !
Hey, it’s a tough crowd sometimes but if you want to add utility to your truck there’s a big difference in the stock setup and the bumpers designed for winching and recovery. Mine has saved my truck from crunching the front end lots of times and I never hesitate to brace it against a boulder or a tree to safely winch someone up a steep muddy, rocky incline. When you get the chance to see the right bumper in person you’ll understand where we’re coming from.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts