Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Winch bumper sold pending funds, non winch bumper still available .

·
Premium Member
1997 NAS D90 (Arles Blue)
38 Posts
Might be interested in the non-winch...but what the hell is RURR?? (Be gentle)

·
Registered
1986 Land Rover 110 County Station Wagon
72 Posts
RURR is Rover Underground Rail Road. A Rover guy who is already going from pt A to (or by) pt B will pick and drop off the part/s for you.

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Might be interested in the non-winch...
The non-winch bumper is actually just the brushbar. It was made by Simbars, out of Bristol for AB, in case you wanted to know. It’s far better than the OEM damage multipliers, but it’s not as heavy duty as an ARB, Safari Gard, or RockWare because it attaches to a regular defender bumper. However, it provides a nice classic oem look, but with far better strength than the original. I like mine and I’m sure you’ll like this one.

·
Premium Member
1997 NAS D90 (Arles Blue)
38 Posts
The non-winch bumper is actually just the brushbar. It was made by Simbars, out of Bristol for AB, in case you wanted to know. It’s far better than the OEM damage multipliers, but it’s not as heavy duty as an ARB, Safari Gard, or RockWare because it attaches to a regular defender bumper. However, it provides a nice classic oem look, but with far better strength than the original. I like mine and I’m sure you’ll like this one.
Interesting! I've never heard of that. My OEM brush guard took down a deer at about 35 mph, and folded back doing a good bit of body damage. Love to keep things looking mostly OEM, and would absolutely love something a bit stronger. This is great to know.

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Interesting! I've never heard of that. My OEM brush guard took down a deer at about 35 mph, and folded back doing a good bit of body damage. Love to keep things looking mostly OEM, and would absolutely love something a bit stronger. This is great to know.
Sure thing. Well, a deer at 35 miles an hour is a pretty serious impact. I do believe this would fare better, just due to their construction and the way in which they attach to the bumper, mounting around it rather than just on top of it.

Anecdotally, I wasn’t doing 35 mph, but I did hit a Subaru hatchback that stopped short at a light. I was heading directly into afternoon sun and hit the brakes late. I locked up and slid into their trunk. I shattered the rear window and bent the hatchback in significantly. About $2500 in damage according to insurance. I, on the other hand, actually had no visible damage other than the lenses on my Hella 3000’s cracked. Even the Hella stone grilles were fine. Brushbar hadn’t even any marks save that of some Subaru paint that wiped away by hand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts