Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day my '94 D90 stalled on me int he middle of traffic. It's happened only once before, about 6 months ago. When the problem didn't recur I forgot abou tit unitl a couple days ago when it happened again.

It happens after I've been driving a while, so the engine is warm. when I turn the key it cranks and sounds like it starts up for a split second and them dies again. It will do this over and over as many times as I turn the key. All Ihave to do is let is sit for a few minutes and then it starts right up and work normal.

What could be causing this?

thanks.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Jared,
I had similar symptoms a couple of weeks ago. It had to do with spark from the coil to the distributor. You might replace your coil and ignition module/amplifier. There is a bunch of good info in the discoweb archives on this topic.

·
Premium Member
4,789 Posts
Check the FAQ section but I think that part of the ignition system was moved in 95 because it would overheat and cause the engine to die.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Just stalled out one day when I started it. 20miles later it stalled and would not start again. I think they can be tempramental like you describe though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts