Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 5 door from France here. It was sent over on consignment. Seller is firm @ 22k.
If interested please email me and I'll send pictures. Truck could use a rear cross member just because some dirt sat inside behind the rear wheels. Has a roof rack and sunroof, shovel mounted on rear door, spare on hood etc.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Edit: 18 February 2021

The engine in this 110 grenaded the day after it was presented to me. To say that Douglas Crowther (a.k.a., Uncle Douglas , Doug Crowther, Dividing Creek Imports ) misrepresented the vehicle to my clients would be a gross understatement. I never received legal ownership of the vehicle and it was hauled away a little over a week later. I have not seen it since and I have no idea as to its current whereabouts.

The vehicle was, in-fact, owned by a foreign seller who had a relationship with Douglas Crowther at the time. The foreign seller contacted me that same week and upon learning the news about the blown engine made the unsolicited offer to take the 110 back and refund all monies paid. I had not expected such an offer. After discussing it with my clients, we accepted the foreign seller's offer and requested the funds be returned to one of my clients to be held in trust until we could find a suitable replacement vehicle. Unfortunately, it took more than 4-months for my clients' funds to be returned because Douglas Crowther in acting as intermediary for the foreign seller had without the foreign seller's knowledge helped himself to the bulk of the funds (which, to be clear, did not belong to him). The foreign seller went on to subsequently sever its ties to Crowther.

Needless to say, it was an extremely disappointing and aggravating experience.

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve Hoare, LRO International's stateside columnist was there and took lots of pictures. Last nights awesomeness will be shared with the worldwide LR community as soon as he shakes off the bottle of Laphroaig he and I drank.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.