Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying another winch to replace the old warn 9000i I have and I was wondering what my options were if I kept it stock (the bumper)

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
They typically ran Husky offset winches? Do you have a warn on a SG now?

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
That is how mine is, Lav yours is a knock off:) kidding of course, I didn't realize SG made bumpers to accommodate warns?

·
Premium Member
8,968 Posts
That is how mine is, Lav yours is a knock off:) kidding of course, I didn't realize SG made bumpers to accommodate warns?
The heck it is :)! My truck was a very early SG-outfitted vehicle from out west (bumper, sliders, frame sliders, rear 2" receiver, steering guard, diff guards, etc all from SG).

I'm assuming most of the early winch options were primarily Warns or similar, but I'm not basing this on any historical data just assumption. If you look at Wolf Fab's for sale thread - or most FS threads for SG bumpers I've ever seen - they all seem to be similar to mine (center opening, flat across the top):
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f9/safarigard-front-bumper-63702.html

I'm digging the fact that they had a Husky version, which admittedly I never knew.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,473 Posts
Yes, there are various versions of the SG bumper. The SG bumper I sold fits most Warn winches, but will not fit a Husky 10 - hence me selling it.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guess I'm using old knowledge. Used to be that they were cheaper alternatives to the warn.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Guess I'm using old knowledge. Used to be that they were cheaper alternatives to the warn.
Negative...I'll never own a Warn personally. Have seen too many fail. The only Warn I'd get is faster than I like a winch to be(8274).

Most consumer superwinches and consumer Warns have the same bolt pattern, so either should work.

·
Premium Member
10,771 Posts
Not always interchangeable however. I bought a Superwinch Talon and a warn spec bumper. It didn't fit so bumper got sold to Jonesy and I got another bumper from L8 that's built for Superwinch.

What's special about Superwinch to me? Factory is about 45 mins from here. Easy repair potential! Not that it's needed it.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Not always interchangeable however. I bought a Superwinch Talon and a warn spec bumper. It didn't fit so bumper got sold to Jonesy and I got another bumper from L8 that's built for Superwinch.

What's special about Superwinch to me? Factory is about 45 mins from here. Easy repair potential! Not that it's needed it.
True, not always. That is odd though, was it the mounting pattern that didn't fit, or the location of the fairlead hole?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts