Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference between these two? I've got a 94 NAS and want to make the upgrade to LEDs.

DA1143

DA1192

·
Registered
231 Posts
Also, no one makes LEDs for the rear 93/94 NAS lights in the sense you are shopping for (technically you can buy rubbolite sealed squares that mount in the same housings) That being said, I just put LED bulbs in my original housings and am quite happy with the results. Happy to share what bulbs I used.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The NAS ppec Land Rover lights sit on plinths, whereas the non-NAS Defenders sit on the headlight surround.
Isn't the other way around? I have the headlight surrounds on my NAS

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@DCVII This is what mine look like. My front lights appear to be a rubber gasket that is only about 1/8" thick, where the Britpart plinth looks to be 3/4". Do I need the plinths?
Also both kits don't seem to have the right light configurations. I think I need 2xbrake, 2xrear turn signal, 1xreverse, 2xfront turn signal, 2xfront running lights (fog?)

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
@DCVII This is what mine look like. My front lights appear to be a rubber gasket that is only about 1/8" thick, where the Britpart plinth looks to be 3/4". Do I need the plinths?
Also both kits don't seem to have the right light configurations. I think I need 2xbrake, 2xrear turn signal, 1xreverse, 2xfront turn signal, 2xfront running lights (fog?)
Those look like ROW lights, so you don't need the pucks to replace them, these should fit, you may have to drill a new hole for the self tapping screw, not 100% sure:

For the rear lights, @haru182 said they don't make rear LED kits the 1994 NAS. You could always keep the housing, clean them up and use LED bulbs?

·
Registered
140 Posts
The front and rear lights you have pictured are correct for a 94 NAS, which are different than 95 and 97.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought mine from Rovers North. Very happy with them. I will say this is not a 30 Min plug and play upgrade. You have to do some rewiring along the way to make them work correctly. This site and one of the guys from RN got me through it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts