Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace the power steering gear box on my 94 ST. I was just wondering, where do you think is the best place to buy a reman box, and who has the best prices? I have looked at Rovers North, which is about $275 + core, Roveraccessories.com, which is the same price (both sale LR factory remans), europarts.com has them listed for $250, not sure about core, and a company called Meridian, and haven't received a price back from them. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Chris

·
Premium Member
15,313 Posts
Your dealer should be able to sell for less than that. MSRP is $210 I think.

However, I would spend a bit more and get a meridian, they are better and have a lifetime warranty.

Ron

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Meridian box is $295 + $29 shipping, which includes a call tag for your core, so no shipping paid on it. Has a 3 year warranty, where everyone else has 1 year.

Chris

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Looking to get a Meridian, but they told me there are two versions. One has a large notch on the input shaft and the other is smooth all the way around. Any way to know which kind you have without removing the input shaft; any kind of tell-tale indicator elsewhere on the box? I won't be doing the work myself so I just want to be able to order the right one before my mechanic makes a house call.

Thanks.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts