Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Ninety R2.8
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot seem to figure out this part number, or find it anywhere. I saw it referred to as a “damper” somewhere on the internets….

If it is a real part (and not a one-off fabrication), could it be used as another support to divorce/separate the transfer case?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've got one on my TD5 D2. Come to think of it, I believe it's on all TD5 Discos and Defenders.
It's called an absorber. Fitted to the transfer boxes running behind the 5-inline-cylinder engine (Td5) to low down vibrations.
IAI 100030 is the number of interest.
It's fitted by 3 special M10 studs: IYR100010 and nuts FY110046
Listed here: Just have a look . Have a look at #47, #46 and 48

It's a 5 cylinder thing. Hope you don't need it!

Reactions: DJW

·
Registered
1985 Ninety R2.8
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s incredibly helpful of everyone- thanks.

Long story short, I was trying to figure out how to separate the transfer case from the transmission… I have this still-in-infancy-probably-a-very-bad-idea of an EV conversion with direct drive to the transfer case, and was searching for stable mounting of the case to the frame.

I had come across the absorber, but couldn’t find anything about it, and had wondered if perhaps it was another mounting point.

Thanks again everyone.

If anyone was so inclined, I also found a remote input flange and shaft for the LT230 from a place called Rakeway in the UK:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts