Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing my usual perusing the internet, dreaming of what might be, when I came across this:

It appears to be a 2 door 110 with a king cab. I can't seem to find a string of words that will make this show up on google.

I really wanted a hard top pickup, but I couldn't get past the fact that there is absolutely no internal storage, and they always look like the cab was smooshed really badly. This type of thing would solve both of those issues for me with a bulkhead removal kit, while still allowing a practical amount of bed space.

Is this something that can be purchased, or is it strictly a custom job?

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
looks customized to me -- the panel between the door and the back portion of the cab makes me think so. Perfect setup for a 100" wheelbase truck.....the additional room between the seats and the rear of the cab would be a huge bonus. Don't get me started on the 100" wheelbase!

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
The bed looks to be a 109 series bed that's been bobbed as well. That truck is definitely custom...

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Looks like a Dubai plate, given some of the stuff I've seen over here it wouldn't shock me if that was done out here. Like we were discussing in the sightings thread, some pretty cool stuff is lurking.
IMG_0810 (1).jpeg

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Extended cabs (Extra cabs) were also an Australian option in the early 2000's.

Telstra, the bigest Telco here used 130's with the bigger cabs. (and Land Rover supplied trussed and braced Rover diffs in lieu of the Salisbury as they were pulling axle tubes in the Sals thanks to overloading and driving them as if they were off road racers)

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Looks like the front half is from a 90, saddle gas tank under the rh side. I wonder what the wheelbase turned out to be?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JavalinDave that's pretty cool. The problem with the cab extension kit (for me) is that it solves the aesthetically smooshed look and the backrest problem, but it doesn't touch on the internal storage issue. It's still really cool to know that it at least is a real thing.

I was able to stumble upon a thread of 90 king cabs. Most of them were abominations, but the overall gist of the thread was that they were mostly custom jobs where they cut out the bulkhead, moved it the desired distance back, then chopped a 4 door pickup roof. Last they chopped the unused cargo panels from the 90, and attached the desired length to the side walls. If I don't end up going for an expedition build, I might try to tackle this down the road. Maybe make it removable so that I can have the option of a full soft top for a bit of versatility.

I just hope that if I end up doing something like this, it doesn't turn into something like the green 90 in the link. For some reason that one just doesn't sit right with me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts