Defender Source Forum banner
5421 - 5440 of 5440 Posts

· Premium Member
1989 110 soft top
71 Posts
Replaced the window track felt in the pickup cab sliding window with the kit from Series-Defenders Outfitters. No more rattles!
Soft top came off, pickup cab went on, and now I'll be warm and quiet for the winter.

· Premium Member
1991 Defender 110 Beach Runner 2 Door 200tdi
635 Posts
Replaced the window track felt in the pickup cab sliding window with the kit from Series-Defenders Outfitters. No more rattles!
Soft top came off, pickup cab went on, and now I'll be warm and quiet for the winter.
I got too cold for the soft top two weeks ago.

· Premium Member
1989 110 soft top
71 Posts
I got too cold for the soft top two weeks ago.
How long does it take you to swap out the soft top for the pickup cab? Takes me about 3 hours, including the time spent finding nuts and washers I dropped that landed in another dimension, and trying to remember the last place I put that 10mm wrench.
Best investment I made this year was a cordless 1/4" impact driver.

· Registered
313 Posts
Removed the extra battery and added a red top(I know I know) so far better startups and no issues with the electrical. PO had a “dual battery” setup with a voltage regulator that wasn’t set up correctly. My fault for not checking it sooner.
Also working on the raptor engineering center console. Had an RC MCL-6 light console and using the cabling and switches on the Raptor console. Busy week this week and finally got a break today.

· Registered
313 Posts
Changed the alternator under warranty and finally getting 14.8v to the battery when running.

One thing I was reading is that the battery light must come on when kicking the key to the on position and then it should go off when the vehicle is running.
I never had that work correctly. I’ll check the wiring when I change the bulbs in the gauges.

Right now the OM617 swap is running right and smooth. 🍺🍺🍺

· Registered
1,280 Posts
I have often wondered about putting carpet in. However it’s so easy to pull the rubber mats and wash the floors! It’s a beach truck, so keeping everything clean and dry is a requirement.
Don't even think about it (carpet that is).
Especially it being a beach truck. Carpet will retain salt water, which will act as a catalyst around aluminum and mild steel panels in the footwell area, and will be a galvanic corrosion paradise.

That's what killed a bunch of flooring on my truck. I ripped the carpets out as the first order of business.

· Premium Member
Go Mundo Maya!
455 Posts
I fluid filmed the chassis and mounted new tires today. I got a good deal on some Toyo 155's and my friend up the road has a tire changer and balancing machine in his shop he let me use. They haven't really started salting up here yet, so I have a little driving time left.
View attachment 481576
How many cans of fluid film did you use?

· Registered
1996 110 300tdi
185 Posts
Ok, so this is going to make me sound crazy,, but I'm pretty anal about rustproofing. Especially since I don't even drive my truck in the winter. But I do it just in case I have to.
I have three tractors, four cars and a UTV that I change and save the oils from. At the end of October I take the cars to the fire station and lay plastic down and pull a vehicle in. I have a steel sprayer that I heat the oil in and spray every nook and cranny. I drill out doors and rockers and spray in there too. That's the first step. In mid to late November I do the same with fluid film. I buy two 5 gallon buckets to cover 4 cars. It gets pretty dirty wrenching on things, but nothing is ever sized or rusted out.

· Premium Member
1991 Defender 110 Beach Runner 2 Door 200tdi
635 Posts
How long does it take you to swap out the soft top for the pickup cab? Takes me about 3 hours, including the time spent finding nuts and washers I dropped that landed in another dimension, and trying to remember the last place I put that 10mm wrench.
Best investment I made this year was a cordless 1/4" impact driver.
I have two sets of hardware, one for pickup too, one for soft top. Finding the bolts was the time waster. I can get mine done under an hour, but me and the 13 year old did it in 31 minutes this year.

· Registered
313 Posts
Drove it to work. Fixed a leak on the turbo and getting better mileage. Diff lock lever fixed as well. The high/low selector broke off and I just welded it for now. Seems that was the previous fix as well. I did manage to get it adjusted better and it is much easier to get it to lock and into high and low

5421 - 5440 of 5440 Posts