Defender Source Forum banner
5421 - 5435 of 5435 Posts

·
Premium Member
1989 110 soft top
71 Posts
Replaced the window track felt in the pickup cab sliding window with the kit from Series-Defenders Outfitters. No more rattles!
Soft top came off, pickup cab went on, and now I'll be warm and quiet for the winter.

·
Premium Member
1991 Defender 110 Beach Runner 2 Door 200tdi
625 Posts
Replaced the window track felt in the pickup cab sliding window with the kit from Series-Defenders Outfitters. No more rattles!
Soft top came off, pickup cab went on, and now I'll be warm and quiet for the winter.
I got too cold for the soft top two weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
1989 110 soft top
71 Posts
I got too cold for the soft top two weeks ago.
How long does it take you to swap out the soft top for the pickup cab? Takes me about 3 hours, including the time spent finding nuts and washers I dropped that landed in another dimension, and trying to remember the last place I put that 10mm wrench.
Best investment I made this year was a cordless 1/4" impact driver.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Removed the extra battery and added a red top(I know I know) so far better startups and no issues with the electrical. PO had a “dual battery” setup with a voltage regulator that wasn’t set up correctly. My fault for not checking it sooner.
Also working on the raptor engineering center console. Had an RC MCL-6 light console and using the cabling and switches on the Raptor console. Busy week this week and finally got a break today.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Changed the alternator under warranty and finally getting 14.8v to the battery when running.

One thing I was reading is that the battery light must come on when kicking the key to the on position and then it should go off when the vehicle is running.
I never had that work correctly. I’ll check the wiring when I change the bulbs in the gauges.

Right now the OM617 swap is running right and smooth. 🍺🍺🍺

·
Registered
58 Posts
Changed the clutch master, one of my least favorite pass times on LHD defenders. Otherwise driving and enjoying it. Until this morning of course after running fine the day before on a 2 plus hours round trip drive it now doesn’t want to idle. Go figure

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I have often wondered about putting carpet in. However it’s so easy to pull the rubber mats and wash the floors! It’s a beach truck, so keeping everything clean and dry is a requirement.
Don't even think about it (carpet that is).
Especially it being a beach truck. Carpet will retain salt water, which will act as a catalyst around aluminum and mild steel panels in the footwell area, and will be a galvanic corrosion paradise.

That's what killed a bunch of flooring on my truck. I ripped the carpets out as the first order of business.

·
Registered
1996 110 300tdi
181 Posts
I fluid filmed the chassis and mounted new tires today. I got a good deal on some Toyo 155's and my friend up the road has a tire changer and balancing machine in his shop he let me use. They haven't really started salting up here yet, so I have a little driving time left.

·
Premium Member
Go Mundo Maya!
449 Posts
I fluid filmed the chassis and mounted new tires today. I got a good deal on some Toyo 155's and my friend up the road has a tire changer and balancing machine in his shop he let me use. They haven't really started salting up here yet, so I have a little driving time left.
View attachment 481576
How many cans of fluid film did you use?

·
Registered
1996 110 300tdi
181 Posts
Ok, so this is going to make me sound crazy,, but I'm pretty anal about rustproofing. Especially since I don't even drive my truck in the winter. But I do it just in case I have to.
I have three tractors, four cars and a UTV that I change and save the oils from. At the end of October I take the cars to the fire station and lay plastic down and pull a vehicle in. I have a steel sprayer that I heat the oil in and spray every nook and cranny. I drill out doors and rockers and spray in there too. That's the first step. In mid to late November I do the same with fluid film. I buy two 5 gallon buckets to cover 4 cars. It gets pretty dirty wrenching on things, but nothing is ever sized or rusted out.

5421 - 5435 of 5435 Posts