Defender Source Forum banner
5381 - 5400 of 5435 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Is it leaking or getting hung up?
Neither. No leaks. Not getting hung up or through the floor. The master has all of the signs of disolved seals. I ordered the rds Dorman replacement and a new TRW slave. Hope to have them soon as I am only driving to work and home. I chose to make it a daily so there’s that lol
Made up some wrenches to help with the swap.
E

·
Premium Member
Go Mundo Maya!
449 Posts
The Dorman update can be snug to bulkhead ( the fill cap ). If you are using the braided hose, get the extra long one. The thread taper won’t accept a stock hose…..learned that one the hard way!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Well taking out the clutch MC is not a big deal. It’s elaborate, but I did it in under thirty minutes. Took the chance to clean and rust proof the area and add some sound deadening tar. The little metal pipe, well, that’s a biatch of a job to get off. Lol

In all honesty, the brake tower can be unbolted and the MC can be left in place. Specially if you have the copper brake lines. Just don’t do it in the freezing cold.
Everything is back together and just need to reverse blows the setup. Ran out of daylight and warmth.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Something went totaly wrong during the last visit to the liqueur shop.

The military bumper blocked the front wheel. So the obstical had been used again by using a rope, the revers gear, the low gear and the mass of a Land Rover when in action. Several times.
The problem is: Coniston Grenn is no more in production!

·
Premium Member
1991 Defender 110 Beach Runner 2 Door 200tdi
625 Posts
I found myself uncomfortably shivering on my morning drive. Winter truck mode has now been enabled. The beach runner shall return next April.

32 minutes later…(also swapped windscreen hinges from paint booth)

5381 - 5400 of 5435 Posts