Defender Source Forum banner
5221 - 5232 of 5232 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Fuckall. I've done fuckall to it for a change.
Just been driving it and it not asking me for a goddamn thing. And it feels amazing and, somehow, alarming...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes....that happened to me once in 1989.....I remember it vividly....I've never been the same since......alarming indeed.

:)

Reactions: KGH

·
Registered
172 Posts
That’s my first task when I get truck home from SoCal. Any pointers?
The right tools make a huge difference. Get a set of the 14mm shallow/angled wrenches and it is very easy to do. I’ll do it every 500, 1000, then 3000 miles then every 12k miles as per manual. Since the maintenance history is unknown to me it will make me feel better. Will also change the oil filter setup later for a more conventional canister. Let me know if you need help.
Ministry of Defender A/C in a 110 Tithonus. Great email support from MoD - thanks.

View attachment 475350

View attachment 475349

View attachment 475348
I definitely need to do this. No Need for multiple vents for me just two aiming at passenger and driver. Even if just a few degrees cooler than ambient air, that will be better than just hot air.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Installed 12v Fridge/Freezer and tilting slide cheaper than a YETI. $428 all in:

** I had to customize the slide to tilt by relocating a couple rollers and re-purposing one of the tie-down straps as a slide limiting strap. Maybe 30min effort and works great.

$169 slide: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MTGDY1Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
$259 Fridge/Freezer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MTGDY1Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a similar size Dometic CFX40 but the door opens on the short side...so wanted to compare cheap fridge against my work-horse.

The 'knockoff' is same internal capacity, but smaller external dimensions and is much lighter.
This is mostly due to the 110v power brick is external for the knock-off brand.

If you don't already have a fridge, you definitely should get one!
Price is no longer an issue, and all my camping friends list 12v fridge as #1 best piece of camping gear.

·
Premium Member
1988 110
175 Posts
Lasalle headliner installed, battery box (thanks D90 Source for great battery box write up), switches wired up, can charge my phone so I can call when broken down, made some quick disconnect jumper cables, rivnuts to replace all the self tapping tomfoolery, and got my assclown linex on full display.

·
Registered
1996 110 300tdi
124 Posts
I put a snorkel on today. Honestly, I really didn't want one. However, when I was at RN the other day one of the guys suggested one because of my usage. Just going to town is about 20 miles of dirt roads round trip. That's not including the many other ones I'm on during the week. Needless to say my filter was a bit dusty.
I opted for the old school look and the actual snorkel is good quality, but I have to say the hardware was ****. The u nuts only had a couple of threads and the bolts supplied were a bit small for them and would push straight through. I went to the hardware store and got better u nuts and stainless steel bolts. It seems like more and more products I buy lately have cheap hardware. I'd happily pay more for better quality stuff.

5221 - 5232 of 5232 Posts