Defender Source Forum banner
5161 - 5180 of 5216 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
had an issue where the temp gauge stopped working, checked the sensor and it seemed to be showing a good resistance, bought a new 1/8" sensor and replaced most of the wiring, but found my sensor was the wrong resistance. put the old one in while i wait for a new one from LR DIRECT.

·
Premium Member
1988 LR90, 300tdi/R380 LT230
395 Posts
PO had done the TD5 dash in the Truck conversion but looks like it was done quick and the connectors were difficult to get off without the fear of breaking cables, so... I bought all the right wire colors from ALM, the 20 pin and 16 pin conectors from Paul at Land Rover Connectors and made myself a couple of fresh connector assembles with 15"leads, now I'll have room to spare when removing the Binnacle (for whatever reason)

Crimping those tips was a PITA!!
Needed a loop to see!

Attachments

·
Registered
1996 110 300tdi
106 Posts
After I cleaned out the breather on my rear axel I removed my bulkhead. It took about 3 hours. I did skip a step that saved a good bit of time. I didn't remove the top cap like the instructions said. It was a lot of rivets to drill out and it just seemed pointless since I was cutting through it anyways. Definitely worth doing.

·
Registered
1996 110 300tdi
106 Posts
I finally finished everything I wanted to do to my truck when I bought it last year! Today I finished cleaning it from yesterday's bulkhead removal, installed the SS backplate, scrubbed the headliner, and installed a new LED interior light from MUD. The light had to be the easiest install ever. Literally a two minute job. Also, my light now comes on when the doors open. It didn't before and I just assumed it was the door switch or some wiring somewhere, but it must have been the light unit.

·
Registered
1988 Defender 110 - FFR
304 Posts
"It's upside down. The canoe goes on the bottom."

That explains why it takes on so much water in the rain!
Rain comes in from the top but doesn't run out the bottom...
My wife's Discovery 1 is even worse in the rain.

If I turn the whole thing over we should be good?

Reactions: LostChord

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I have just received a bimini top from All Wheel Trim. Last summer I just kept the top and windows off. Made more sense to go this route. It will hold my car cover on better since that is not 100% leak proof when the water pools a little bit.

Reactions: LostChord
5161 - 5180 of 5216 Posts