Defender Source Forum banner

What have you done to your Defender today.

Tags
defender
768K views 6K replies 536 participants last post by  SadKingBilly 
#1 ·
Well this Thread is a very popular thread on a couple other forums that I frequent. So, I thought I'd give it a go on here too..

I after a little Blasphemous session got my new windscreen and seal installed.

See less See more
#3,091 ·
----

I have been trying to do the same thing. Can you please give details of how you managed to attached sending units for both new gauge and existing idiot light? Did you get all the parts readily (AB?,RN?) I would really appreciate it.

Also if it helps, I mounted the gauge in a MUD UK dash mounted enclosure. Build quality is a B- but it gets the job done.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Corky

#16 ·
I insulated the doors, replaced door handles, used the grinder to clean up my speaker housings and repainted, and finally got the old carpet glue off my floors. Then got a bucket of stainless bolts and screws and started replacing some that were rusted, like the driver floorboard. Also spray painted the clutch pedal arm and replaced the pedal pads. another weekend of random but fulfilling time spent with the defender

#20 ·
Today I checked my email to see if there was any word from Department of Homeland Security. After finding nothing from them, I wondered the same things I do every day when I dont find an update from the Feds: Is my brand new battery dead? Do my tires have flat spots from sitting in the same spot for 5 months? How much is the storage bill amounted to now?

Im afraid that will be the only thing I do for my Defender on a daily basis for quite some time.

#22 ·
Cutting holes in the wings to fit around the SD roll cage that's being fitted to Old Red (B777 ONR)

#23 ·
HF Antenna Bracket Install

Thanks to Josh at Crash Fabrications, who welded up a clean aluminum angle bracket with gussets, I installed the antenna bracket to hold an ATAS 120 screwdriver antenna on the right rear of the 110. This ties into a Yaesu FTR-857 HF/VHF/UHF ham radio.

Radio receives well now with automatic tuning at the touch of button. Haven't been able to reach out for a QSL with it yet due to other obligations, but looking forward to using it.

#25 ·
I unclogged the AC tube (water was backing up and causing the blower motor to squeal).

Took it out for a spin to let her run for a bit to make sure it was draining correctly now (it was) and smelled something burning. Made a rookie mistake and blamed the PoS car in front of me. Should've known better. When I got home...popped the hood...no signs. Climbed under and found the tunnel lagging drooping down onto the front linkage of the driveshaft...with a good portion of it melted. Just went ahead and ripped it out.

With a defender...very rarely are smells from 'that other car' :)