Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was listed on Ebay and was only a few miles from my house and I could not stop myself. I ended up winning the auction. Comes with a new galvanized chassis, new bulkhead, new parabolic springs, new shocks, new set of doors. Seller says he has over $4K worth of parts with receipts from Rovers North and a clear Fl title. He started to work on it but ran out of time and energy. Hope to collect it next week!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ron and Paul, stop by anytime, I can use some expertise. I won't know the extent of the project until I pick it up next week. What you see is all I know about the truck. He says it was running when he started taking things apart. I think he owns a shop locally. If that is the case it should be in good hands.

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
Nice congrats! I was following that one on Orland CL - dude only wanted like $5,500. You could tell on eBay it wasn't going to get much traction with the leading pic of the van sides as parts. What'd it end up going for? I forgot to check where it was at while at work today? Looked like an awesome/fun project I was trying to get some local guys interested in. Did you go check it out in person first?

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Josh I would rather not discuss cost as I have not collected it yet. You can see on eBay what I got it for, it is no secret, or pm me.

·
Premium Member
5,983 Posts
Fantastic! The series I is a beautiful little truck.

You did a great restoration job with your Defender, I bet you'll do the same with this truck as well.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Welcome to the club! That's a fantastic score with that frame and bulkhead. Let's scale up that frame and get some duplicates made :)

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the club! That's a fantastic score with that frame and bulkhead. Let's scale up that frame and get some duplicates made :)
Why? Don't they make them anymore? Maybe he has a Series 2 frame. How can you tell?

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I went to look at this truck. The frame wasn't at his shop but I saw the invoice from Rovernorth and it said it was an S1.
John did you take any pics? Can you post them here? I have no side view of the truck. I have not seen it.

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
here are a couple
Oh snap it's Bronze Green underneath! Hopefully I can just take off the blue top layer. I would much rather have the original paint and patina. Thanks John.

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,110 Posts
Ike = pangolin4x4.com

Best place to get Series kit

1 - 20 of 51 Posts