Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jumbo shrimp with mango salsa, asparagus and cous cous salad. Not grilling the cous cous. The Adams residence is a Weber-only household.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Pinchos de filete de cerdo con piña, con salsa de jengibre.... :)

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Flank Steak, marinated in balsamic vinegar, garlic, ginger and lemon grass along with poblano peppers stuffed with pepper-jack cheese.

And a salad.

Not on the trail, in my backyard.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Army proof

I heard y'all get lobster out there, now that's fancy! At least that's what they give the chair force...

I would like to show something I did on my grill (no not a weber but I still use the natural lump charcoal...) it's pretty much all the edible parts (reasonably edible) but the head brined for 4 days by a fellow rover and pecan smoked and 225 F for 10.5 hrs. I've cooked hogs every possible way (seriously) and this was by far the best!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I heard y'all get lobster out there, now that's fancy! At least that's what they give the chair force...

I would like to show something I did on my grill (no not a weber but I still use the natural lump charcoal...) it's pretty much all the edible parts (reasonably edible) but the head brined for 4 days by a fellow rover and pecan smoked and 225 F for 10.5 hrs. I've cooked hogs every possible way (seriously) and this was by far the best!

That looks fantastically yummy!

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
We did a recipe for Honey-Balsamic Lamb Chops Staci found on Food Network. Worked out real well and think we'll be able to do this on the trail

Honey-Balsamic Lamb Chops

1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons honey
3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 small lamb chops
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves

Directions:
In a bowl or a food processor, combine the balsamic vinegar, garlic, and honey. Mix until blended. Slowly pour in the vegetable oil and mix until the mixture is smooth and forms a thick sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary. Grill the lamb chops for 2 to 3 minutes each side until medium-rare.

Arrange the lamb chops on a platter. Spoon the sauce over the top or serve the sauce on the side.

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
Aren't you all domesticated and ? and BTW.. come clean and tell us you surf the Food Network and Martha Stewart's Catalogue *LOL*

We did a recipe for Honey-Balsamic Lamb Chops Staci found on Food Network. Worked out real well and think we'll be able to do this on the trail

Honey-Balsamic Lamb Chops

1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons honey
3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 small lamb chops
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves

Directions:
In a bowl or a food processor, combine the balsamic vinegar, garlic, and honey. Mix until blended. Slowly pour in the vegetable oil and mix until the mixture is smooth and forms a thick sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary. Grill the lamb chops for 2 to 3 minutes each side until medium-rare.

Arrange the lamb chops on a platter. Spoon the sauce over the top or serve the sauce on the side.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Shocked there is no talk about what type of grills everyone has
We mostly grill on the trail, and Chris has an assortment of Snow Peak Grills.

------ Follow up post added June 13th, 2011 02:39 PM ------

Does this qualify as grilling....whos hungry?!
I think I just drooled on myself!

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
You guys sound like Grandpa on Hee Haw:

"we are having Fried Chicken with a side of butter beans and creamy coleslaw with a homemade buttermilk biscuit and butter fresh out of the churn. And for desert there is homemade rhubarb pie with with ice cream..

Yummiieee

·
Premium Member
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys sound like Grandpa on Hee Haw:

"we are having Fried Chicken with a side of butter beans and creamy coleslaw with a homemade buttermilk biscuit and butter fresh out of the churn. And for desert there is homemade rhubarb pie with with ice cream..

Yummiieee
Vomit

------ Follow up post added June 15th, 2011 07:27 PM ------

Shocked there is no talk about what type of grills everyone has
That's cuz it's understood everyone has a Weber, like it's understood we all have Rovers.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Weber

I agree weber's are great, I still have mine. However, I did switch to the Big Green Egg as the primary and have not been disappointed. Basically the same but it does hold heat better and can smoke alot longer without replacing charcoal, also with a little more tempature control. Did my first smoked turkey (34lbs) for Thanksgiving:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 264 Posts