Defender Source Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
agreed, mostly the same with exceptions in some brake pad parts and a few things here and there depending on if the Santana is an older model or newer. (IMO older is alot easier and more LR friendly too)
Just remember to have a tougher skin approach as there is a bit of sport its seems mostly with negative comments from some out there. (I own both British and Spanish so I take it with a grain of salt and love my vehicles regardless).
good luck to you in your search and wish you many happy miles!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. New here, so I apologize for repetition if I’m found wanting. Anyways, I am the proud new owner of a 91 Santana. All original, I found it down in Columbia. Has a 200tdi in it although if I were to guess I’d say not original. Couldn’t be happier but fighting the parts fight. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I reached out to Rocky Mountain and a couple others but not a lot of response so CM far. Specifically looking for an ignition switch, (attached.) hope everyone is as happy as I am to own something I’ve wanted since I was a kid. All my best and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Try Dutch Safari inTexas. If they can’t help get on the Land Rover Santana forum on Facebook. It helps if you can read and speak Spanish. Maybe mention this forum as well to encourage others to join.

Also, I haven’t tried this source but was given it by a Santana restoration shop and importer in Spain.

”Contact a man named “Celestino” (he also goes by “Tino”) at a company called Recambios Cero in Madrid.He will help you, and he speaks English. You will need your chassis number.”

·
Registered
423 Posts
Also, mind posting some photos of the engine compartment? I was told and taken measurements that confirm, that the 200TDI is a bolt in swap for both frame mounts and to the LT85 bellhousing It would be nice to see some photos to confirm. I am planning to swap the 2.5 NA out for a 200TDI.

·
Premium Member
10,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
21 - 26 of 26 Posts