Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a nice heavy duty cover for my 95' RRC LWB and can't seem to find a real quality one anywhere. All that **** they sell on flea bay is crap and I don't want that garbage. Looking for some leads on where I can source a nice quality cover that truly keeps the rain and elements off my ****. Not sure how much it'll matter but I've got a full roof rack with lights as well.

Thanks for any insight!

Cheers!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,200 Posts
Ironically, you just missed their sale on these. Your rack will probably adjust the fit up a bit. Perhaps too much, but then again, it says it'll fit with or without a brush bar so there is already some built in play. Looks a little baggy in the back, as it tucks under the bumper, so I'll bet there might be just enough excess to get it on, even with the rack. But I've been thinking about getting one myself, so if it doesn't fit, I'll buy it off ya. Just box it back up and send it my way.

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/9767

·
Registered
164 Posts
California Car Cover. They can make a custom cover if you want.

Have used them for all of my covers (4 total) including a custom one for my 109 with a rack.

Various materials depending on how you will use it - indoor in garage or outdoor in heavy rain.

Great service as well.

------ Follow up post added September 14th, 2015 10:59 AM ------

Forgot to add - I found that placing plywood on the 109 rack and then putting the cover on eliminated the ponding from rain / snow.

Took a little longer to uncover and recover, yet, made a huge difference than trying to get a swimming pool of the beast.

I'd ask about making light pockets - my guess would be no problem.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
California Car Cover. They can make a custom cover if you want.

Have used them for all of my covers (4 total) including a custom one for my 109 with a rack.

Various materials depending on how you will use it - indoor in garage or outdoor in heavy rain.

Great service as well.

------ Follow up post added September 14th, 2015 10:59 AM ------

Forgot to add - I found that placing plywood on the 109 rack and then putting the cover on eliminated the ponding from rain / snow.

Took a little longer to uncover and recover, yet, made a huge difference than trying to get a swimming pool of the beast.

I'd ask about making light pockets - my guess would be no problem.

Nice! Thanks I'll give them a ring. How much did you pay for for that 109 cover and how long did it take for them to get it to you?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Off hand don't remember and had to sell Blueboy so no records. Guessing around $350 to 400 or there about. That was for the best outdoor material. It was quick to get; maybe 3-4 weeks max..

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't been pleased with technalon covers. Dirt and moisture have made their way through the fabric

So Doug....what covers have you liked? I definitely want something that is going to be outdoor weather proof. Most I've seen suck and allow water to penetrate.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Covers are always a mixed bag. Have to be breathable yet also keep some degree of protection. I never just cover the Rover and not look at it for an extended period. Still overal the paint was better than just leaving it out without anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts