Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Range Rover 3.0 Supercharged
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still searching. Quality imports from Spain and other European locations seemed to have taken a hit while COVID is around.

$30-40k usd budget must be lhd d90 in white wagon, ROW acceptable

Scott
North Carolina

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm went through the same process and just found a truck that i'm in the process of shipping over. My advice would be go through AutoScout24 and contact dealers. Several dealers in Italy and Spain speak English. Just be careful, several of the cars online that look good are just rattle can jobs. Almost better to find one pre-restoration with low rust / mechanically sound and do the work here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm went through the same process and just found a truck that i'm in the process of shipping over. My advice would be go through AutoScout24 and contact dealers. Several dealers in Italy and Spain speak English. Just be careful, several of the cars online that look good are just rattle can jobs. Almost better to find one pre-restoration with low rust / mechanically sound and do the work here.
Yeah
I hear Spain is location similar to California but would rather pay a bit if premium and have reputable US dealer handle locating and importing. I have talked with Ken at surf side about this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah
I hear Spain is location similar to California but would rather pay a bit if premium and have reputable US dealer handle locating and importing. I have talked with Ken at surf side about this.
Yeah that premium from a lot of the import guys I’ve spoken with is 2x. So just keep that in mind. Good luck with the search.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
I have a clean LHD Defender 90 200 Tdi with 150.000 km in Conisten Green. Some rust on the rear door. Chassis in very very good condition.

Price 23500 euro.

1993 LHD Defender 90 Conisten Green 200 Tdi A right front.jpg

More LHD Defenders on my website.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still looking for solid white wagon with AC and LHD.

Any honest feedback / critique of the following vehicle linked below on Craigslist?

Craigslist Defender 90

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did speak with Ken at surf-side who provided feedback.

·
Registered
88' 110
614 Posts
Still looking for solid white wagon with AC and LHD.

Any honest feedback / critique of the following vehicle linked below on Craigslist?

Craigslist Defender 90
Looks clean in the pictures. If it went through Ken that’s a good sign.

I’d have a tough time paying anywhere near $60 for a ROW 90, despite how nice it is. I’m sure the seller is into it for that much though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Still searching. Quality imports from Spain and other European locations seemed to have taken a hit while COVID is around.

$30-40k usd budget must be lhd d90 in white wagon, ROW acceptable

Scott
North Carolina

PM me if you want more information:

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-04 at 8.28.40 PM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-04 at 8.28.40 PM (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-04 at 8.28.40 PM (3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-04 at 8.28.40 PM (4).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-04 at 8.28.40 PM.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
I am getting this one in. First owner and supposed to be rust free. Well within your budget. Also have some new in the box AC systems
15FA6120-8474-415D-8B7B-B7CC5910E342.jpeg

·
Registered
638 Posts
That's a nice, clean slate at what is likely a more-than-fair price, leaving a budget for mods if you're not into Rostyles. NC-Rover - if you are interested in this one, I can assure that you will be impressed by Johan's thoroughness and candor.

Here's a comp with more pictures that details the feature of this one-of-55 special editions from France:

And a site that outlines the model in a bit of detail:

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Thx VTlandrover.
I thought I knew a thing it two about Defenders but never heard about this special edition. Was going to take the stickers of. Better not, now I know it is original .

·
Registered
91 Posts
My offer stands, I'll do 50 for a forum member. I paid a fortune to have a Defender that I knew was done right (by Ken at Surfside) in a setup I liked. Price might be high, but supply = demand. You won't see many cars coming over before Covid is over.

Car is in Boston, and I haven't shipped it yet to Dallas. Would love to unload this before I ship it for my upcoming move.

I know very well that forum members are price savvy. I won't be offended if there isn't any interest, but spare me any offers. I'll keep it and continue enjoying it until someone falls in love with it. Only reason I'm selling is to try and buy a house. Life priorities have changed since purchasing it a couple months ago.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just for in formation my Fuji white 90 is price well in the mid 30, will add soon ladder and NAS rear bumper.

you will still have some room to mod :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got some pictures from a good friend in spain that sources vehicles for a living. It is a 200tdi, no AC, in arles blue....not exactly what you are looking for but here is the catch; owner is asking 9k euro for it. You have a ton of room in budget for a proper paint job, endless mods, and AC. I'm actually doing a project alongside my friend right now. PM or comment back if interested.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts