Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have or know where I could find replacement diamond/chequer plate for the ladder on a 1997 Defender 90 LE? I’m missing the middle 2 steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Those chequer plate steps were unique to the LE;'never seen them anywhere else. WhenI was having my LE reburbed, I was really worried about losing them when they were taken off to have the ladder re-poweder coated.

I suppose you could make your own. That's a UK-specific pattern; I've known people who have tried to find it here with no luck. So you'd need to get some from a UK supplier (like a set of wing protectors), and cut and bend some new ones.

The steps are all the same width and diameter, just different lengths. If you want, I can measure how long mine are.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wanted - Diamond plate ladder steps

Those chequer plate steps were unique to the LE;'never seen them anywhere else. WhenI was having my LE reburbed, I was really worried about losing them when they were taken off to have the ladder re-poweder coated.

I suppose you could make your own. That's a UK-specific pattern; I've known people who have tried to find it here with no luck. So you'd need to get some from a UK supplier (like a set of wing protectors), and cut and bend some new ones.

The steps are all the same width and diameter, just different lengths. If you want, I can measure how long mine are.

Thanks, I’ll take you up on the offer to measure those 2 missing middle steps. My right wing top chequer plate is damaged too, so I’ll have to buy a new one (likely pair unless I find a used right hand one), so I’ll have some left over chequer plate to use to fabricate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,329 Posts
It’s four bar diamond plate, nothing special... but it will be a cold day in hell that you find those just lying about... best bet would be to replicate them... I know a guy

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
I measured mine today. The uppermost of the pair is 6 13/16" long. The one underneath it is 8 1/2".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts