Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
No aftermarket offered that I've seen, besides I believe Allisport and CRR. Genuine ones are still being backordered regularly.

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
I would go with the biggest radiator I could find which would be a custom made radiator or an Allisport. Expensive yes but cheaper than an engine rebuild.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fan clutch is new...interestingly, the new clutch made the fan roar for about a month after it was installed but it has since quieted down. Thermostat's old.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Just pull the thermostat and see if that helps cool you down. That happened to me on the way back from buffalo and put in a new one shortly after I got back.

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
I cannot recommend a Land Rover Genuine radiator. Most of them come to the dealership damaged, and all of them are poorly brush painted. You are much better off going to a local radiator shop and having them re-core it.

·
Premium Member
11,911 Posts
I cannot recommend a Land Rover Genuine radiator. Most of them come to the dealership damaged, and all of them are poorly brush painted. You are much better off going to a local radiator shop and having them re-core it.
So funny. I got one from the dealer and it works perfectly and the fins are perfect but it looks like it was painted with a dick.

If you recore stick with 3 core, I recored one once to 4 and my truck ran hot until I ditched it to the new genuine 3 core painted with a dick.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
thats not a good place to break down...... glad you are still alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats not a good place to break down...... glad you are still alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The chef was driving it to the airport to pick me up. Called me while I was waiting, said she was sitting in traffic. I asked if it were over heating. She said I don't know and sent me that picture of the gauge. I said turn it off!! She said, I'm in a tunnel. I said I don't care!! I then got in cab and headed for the tunnel. Called AAA along the way. They said, can't do it in the tunnel call state police. Called police. They sent a rollback. Picked up truck. Towed it to seaport area(no charge). Soon as they got it off the truck, I got in it, cranked no problem and we drove it home.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
only in a defender! put the heat on and drive!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts