Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of used RTE radius arms. I though they were 3*, but turns out they are 6. So now I would like to find someone who is in need of a set of 6* arms and has some 3* arms laying around to trade. I would rather not sell, but if it comes to that I might consider it...

Here is a picture of them installed on a RRC.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
6* is good for almost any amount of lift over 2" . Your problem is not the 6deg arms.
You have other issues making your shaking or most likely death wobble .

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
6* is good for almost any amount of lift over 2" . Your problem is not the 6deg arms. You have other issues making your shaking or most likely death wobble .
It's not just 6 Degrees of correction though Ed. These arms are also longer, pushing the axle forward to compensate for the axle moving back when you install a 5-6" suspension lift. With a shorter lift, the 6 degree arm provides more than 6 degrees of correction because it is "swung" further up toward the chassis

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
The 6" arms are too much for anything shy of the Rovertym full 3" springs. I tried everything to get them to work on my 90 with emu springs and isolators and even with the wedges and disco tubes the perches were still rolled too far forward.

I have a couple of junk tubes and I meant to try cutting off the perches and adjusting the angles but I sold the 6" arms before I got the chance.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Funny I have three trucks running these arms with OME springs with no problems .
Roland is one of the three .
But hey what do I know about making a lifted rover drive true ?
Guess I'll go back to the drawing board :)

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Funny I have three trucks running these arms with OME springs with no problems . Roland is one of the three . But hey what do I know about making a lifted rover drive true ? Guess I'll go back to the drawing board :)
I couldn't get the springs sitting anywhere near level and the shocks seemed to be pushed too close to the front side of the tower on mine. I even got a set of the adjustable towers to mount the shock lower.

I am not an expert and I suspect something on my 90, be it frame, shock mount or the mounts on the tube is less than straight. The passenger side (RHD) spring seems to push out a wee bit so the shock isn't straight up and down.

All this going towards me saying trust aka rover and many of the other members more than anything I say. I only work on my vehicles so my experience is limited and a political philosophy degree wasted 4 years I could have spent learning the important stuff! Problem with be a self taught mechanic is you can't blame the teacher...

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Are you running double cardon shafts on those Eddie? Seems like the propshaft angle would be intense
i am running CVs on all the trucks I lift .

------ Follow up post added June 14th, 2015 11:06 AM ------

I couldn't get the springs sitting anywhere near level and the shocks seemed to be pushed too close to the front side of the tower on mine. I even got a set of the adjustable towers to mount the shock lower. I am not an expert and I suspect something on my 90, be it frame, shock mount or the mounts on the tube is less than straight. The passenger side (RHD) spring seems to push out a wee bit so the shock isn't straight up and down. All this going towards me saying trust aka rover and many of the other members more than anything I say. I only work on my vehicles so my experience is limited and a political philosophy degree wasted 4 years I could have spent learning the important stuff! Problem with be a self taught mechanic is you can't blame the teacher...
I have not run into the arms being to long . but then again I call Bill up tell him what I'm doing for the lift and he builds them for me.

And on a side note I'm just giving you a hard time . I just always order 6deg because we always end up going to 35" and up tires around here.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
i am running CVs on all the trucks I lift . ------ Follow up post added June 14th, 2015 11:06 AM ------ I have not run into the arms being to long . but then again I call Bill up tell him what I'm doing for the lift and he builds them for me. And on a side note I'm just giving you a hard time . I just always order 6deg because we always end up going to 35" and up tires around here.
I don't take offense at all.

Most of what I know about rovers I learned from asking Bill stupid questions and the Internet. The rest I have taught myself which is dangerous.

My 5" RTE arms were prototypes so they might have been a little different than what went to production.

The 5" rear links seem to work fine.

·
Premium Member
1995 NAS D90, 1993 NAS D110, 2018 Range stover Auto iohraphy
137 Posts
Ed is right, my D90 with 285/75-16's, OME springs and shocks and 6 degree arms handles beautifully, just about as well as my wife's supercharged Range Rover.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.