Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or used one of these racks?

It's made in Florida by a company called "Rover Racks". I've heard one claim of the company "ripping people off" but was hoping for some actual experience instead of 3rd hand hearsay.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Rover Racks is aka Northwest Parts ... they were originally from the North West (duh!), I think Washington or Oregon .. back then, their main problem was quality... crappy welds and powdercoating. They moved to FL a few years ago and things seemed to get worse.. while their quality went up slightly, their customer service dropped to almost non existant. They were selling things and not delivering, and taking orders then changing prices. I believe it switched hands at some point (maybe to a relative?), and the new owner went a little nuts over at DiscoWeb... Now it seems they are back for another reincarnation.. I haven't heard anything about them in the past few months, but website & pictures are all the same as they used to be..

For what its worth, go to http://discoweb.org/forums/ and do a search ... "NorthWest" "North West" "NWP" "Roverracks" ...

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
DO NOT BUY NWP Roof Racks.... JUNK made very poorly... I purchased 5 a few years ago... None fit with out major tweaking... Powder coating looked like a home made set up very bad... Welds looked like done with a Arc not a clean Tig or Mig... Im not sure on there pipes. Rovers North seems to like them...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone seen or used one of these racks?

It's made in Florida by a company called "Rover Racks". I've heard one claim of the company "ripping people off" but was hoping for some actual experience instead of 3rd hand hearsay.
DO NOT BUY A RACK FROM VOYAGER!!!!
The racks are not very good but they're customer service is THE ABSOLUTE WORST!!!
It takes months to ship, often times they arrive damaged, missing hardware and you will NEVER get anything resolved with these people! They simply do not care!
Find any roof rack OTHER THAN Voyager!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts