Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nice looking vintage 1984 127/130 on eBay Canada...price is a bit steep @ $65K buy it now and would need the motor swapped back to original spec, but does look like a nice ride...the "Series"-ish pastel green & limestone color combo is pretty sharp:

Land Rover Defender 130 with High Capacity Pick Up Box | eBay
eBay said:
A contractors vehicle as manufactured by Landrover. This one was made for electrical contractors and its rock solid. Engine is via landrover 300tdi rebuilt by Alan at Roverworks, The truck has the TILT FORWARD windscreen and REMOVABLE door tops all around- not found on any other truck I have seen.

Note the door bottoms on the passenger rear doors are straight cut. not angular like the cheaper consumer models.

The body panels are thicker and tougher than the consumer models, you can walk comfortable on the bonnet and roof top.

The axles are way bigger and so are the hubs. Normal and pretty aluminum wheels will NOT fit this beast. She's tough and doesn't go in for lessor metals than steel!
Wolf rims
New (ish) exhaust
The box is the LT95, the toughest on the market.
It has poly bushings all around,
a snow load breather is installed but not hooked up.
Air Conditioning which has not been primed. I installed it after a trip to mexico, but havent ever needed it since!
The VIN is salldhav1aa208784 Which represents an original Landrover vehicle, not a grey rebuild I see so many of.
Custom made wing tops
ARB Bumper. light package not installed, winch ready.
Lightforce lights.
heated seats
custom interior with GOOD interior lighting.
Amplifier and speakers
Comes with Snorkel, not installed.
Original Aluminum Tonneau cover is not shown but is the cream colour.
O/D available for purchase for the LT95 box.
Rust is not an issue on this vehicle.

Ive used and maintained this vehicle to the best standards I can, its a daily driver and then some. It drives like a dream and You will not be disappointed.

NOTE: The roof top, bars and kayak lifter system have been sold. The bike rack is not included as its a North Shore Rack and you just dont sell those;)

NB. The original coolness of Landrover lives on in this truck where newer models of defenders have killed the fun off. The working front window vents on my truck open and close and are so amazing when you are hot but dont want to run the aircon. But have been replaced with nothing in the newer trucks. Nothing at all, just a placeholder where they used to be. As well and most importantly, the FORWARD OPEN windscreen of mine is replaced with a molded piece of plactic on newer trucks. This is all very reminicent of the Humvie vs hummer models. The cool ones had cab control inflating tires and stuff, but the hummer 3 was all plastic and chrome. Well this has all that is the original in cool land rover even all the window tops come off which means of course you can go topless! and who doesn't like to see a topless Landy go by! The rear seats fold forward for extra storage.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,773 Posts
Ignoring the silliness in the advert, the lack of side view, the squared off rear doors look full length. That leaves me wondering as to its true WB. Caveat Emptor

·
Premium Member
502 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
That truck is a short ferry ride about a half hour drive from me. If anyone want's an eyeball on it, let me know.

I did hear that it had a V8 at one point in time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts