Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So researching this because my wife would like to drive the 110 that i bought her and she wants an auto.

looks like the mounts for the LT230 are the same but when i check ashcroft they call for a LHS mount from D1V8 or RRC... which seem to just normal NTC5890 mounts.

is this correct or is there a different mount?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gotcha - any part numbers that you have handy? came up empty looking for a RRC parts manual last night

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I trophied both of you :) .

holy cow, on the mounts... looks like i will be crawling under a parts truck to to get them out if they aren't hanging around at the shop.

·
Premium Member
13,375 Posts
Last I checked the 1 RHS D1 frame mount is NLA.
The V8 r380 and auto use the same mount- well one needs a tad of trimming for them to be identical.
Will Tillery has been my source for a while now on these.540 462 7353.

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks doug he is going to have a big order form me after this weekend - also doing the top end on another 3.9 to throw in there as well a 14cux.

·
Premium Member
13,375 Posts
Fwiw, we use the later d1 heads even on 14cux trucks. The composite gaskets are a significant improvement and the later heads have a lower deck height to accomodate the thicker gasket. Later heads do away with a row of head bolts which Rover decided was part of the problem with the all metal head gaskets. Composite gaskets require single use stretch head bolts.

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well humm.. may have to source a set of 4.0 heads... then.

It's a known good motor, luckily with 140k, but still going to check the bottom end bearings and then was planning on doing the heads, injectors, pushrods and tappets and cam (torque profile cam). Basically a top end rebuild for peace of mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts