Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of upgrading the dash gauges on a D90 ..... one of the gps speedo's would be nice .

Any suggestions ?

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
Yep, I used all VDO vision gauges in my 110, the speedo is an electronic one using the TD5 sender. other than that water temp, tach and fuel level are all VDO

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I would second the VDO vision gauges. Egaugesplus home page has good prices. I replaced all of them. The water temp requires you to change the sending unit to one from a VW but easy swap. The fuel unit requires you to match the OHM for the fuel sending unit. I would need to check my notes on the ohms range. If you swap to a digital speedo you need to install a speed transducer sending unit Transducer Speed Sensor. The plug on the housing is the same as the 3 wire light plug on an NAS 90. Here is a writeup as well. Fitting VDO Speed Sender

Best of luck!
Scott

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
I'd say no, keep the original speedo and have the new one set to the same mileage at time of replacement. As long as it's documented

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
FWIW... I kept my original Speedo on the NAS90 .. purely to make sure the mileage was always 100% correct.
in NC if you have a discrepancy it will be noted on your DMV records. - Also the reason I took my electronic speedo to VDO and had them program it for the correct mileage on the 110

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
VDO Vision gauges are great, I do miss my factory tach (nostalgia). I kept my factory speedometer due to the reason Rob mentioned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts