Defender Source Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Very cool...awesome lacrosse area...maybe Long Island has more risk in Hagerty’s eyes...after I do the engine swap I’ll up the agreed value.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I think you are all paying way to much. I pay about 300 per year for 75k agreed value, 1k deductible, under 5k miles through state farm. It would be 450 if the truck was on the road all year (it's a ST and I'm in Wisconsin so no winters).

Pre covid SF was supposed to roll out a blanket policy across all cars for collectors.....not there yet though.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Last time I got a quote from hagerty it was around 1700 a year for 60k or so in agreed value coverage. Is that still about right?
It's going to vary greatly on the zip code you live in, and other factors the insurance actuaries dump into their calculations.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
If they won't tell you the value then that is not an agreed value policy. You are living very dangerously.
Not so.
The basis for valuing the car is set out in the policy. The tricky bit is that there aren’t very many comparable vehicles out there. I have several agreed value clients here in Mass on normal auto policies.
?? How can it be "agreed value" if there isn't a stated value that both the insured and the insurer have agreed to?

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Although I didn't pay a fortune for my 94 back in 2003, I'm insured through USAA ($400/yr full coverage low deductible). I've had many discussions with them over the years about the Rover, including a few weeks ago when I was checking to make sure our rental is properly insured. I was told replacement value would be based on current sales/sale prices. She said right now I could expect approx $55,000 based on pictures they have on file. I have 12 vehicles insured through them, including our track bikes (theft only), the house and rental at a whopping $2800/year.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts