Defender Source Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
liability, collision & guaranteed value ( if a total loss) policy
hagerty is a separate auto policy for two of my cars
other that chubb & hagerty i do not know any other underwriter that will give a guaranteed value on a total loss
thats why it is best to get a separate hagerty policy for a d90 or another unique car and use your umbrella from you other underwriter for other cars , house etc you may own.
I use Hagerty on my 83 Rabbit Gti and have it insured for $18k loss and would like to put my 25th RRC on there but someone told me they do not tolerate any offroad mods ... good company

·
Registered
707 Posts
I pay A LOT MORE. But I have a company car so it’s a weird deal. I also have mine set at 100k value but it’s absurd and it’s because I have a company car and it can’t prove it’s covered because the company won’t share my policy. Long story but 500 would be a gift! In fact, anyone in the same
Situation as me? I’d love to know how to get my policy down to say $1000 a year vs. the nightmare I’m dealing with now for my beloved.
Try NCM Insurance. I had an agreed value policy my NAS 90 for $65k or $75k and paid about $500 per year.

It’s more of a collector car policy. Off road use probably wouldn’t fly, needs to be a secondary or tertiary vehicle, and needs to be garaged.

They pretty much let you pick your value and the miles you want to drive per year.

They are very easy to deal with.

·
Registered
1988 ROW 110 From w/ LS3 6L80E
246 Posts
Fwiw I ordered an appraisal on my truck and all my classics then send a copy to the insurance for sign off. It's about 350 dollars but worth having that validated to avoid debates later. I had state farm on a loss before and they didn't question value

·
Registered
525 Posts
Try NCM Insurance. I had an agreed value policy my NAS 90 for $65k or $75k and paid about $500 per year.

It’s more of a collector car policy. Off road use probably wouldn’t fly, needs to be a secondary or tertiary vehicle, and needs to be garaged.

They pretty much let you pick your value and the miles you want to drive per year.

They are very easy to deal with.
Does the policy cover you for theft if you park it outside one night? Or if you’re parked at the mall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
707 Posts
Does the policy cover you for theft if you park it outside one night? Or if you’re parked at the mall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you’re parked out in public, yes.

If parked outside your house overnight, I’m not sure. Best to ask NCM.

·
Premium Member
10,930 Posts
If they won't tell you the value then that is not an agreed value policy. You are living very dangerously.
Not so.
The basis for valuing the car is set out in the policy. The tricky bit is that there aren’t very many comparable vehicles out there. I have several agreed value clients here in Mass on normal auto policies.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Rocky,
You insure defender? I have a company car, so no personal insurance policy other than my defender. Can you help?!

·
Premium Member
5,949 Posts
Not so.
The basis for valuing the car is set out in the policy. The tricky bit is that there aren’t very many comparable vehicles out there. I have several agreed value clients here in Mass on normal auto policies.
Right with this guy saying is that they won't give him a value therefore not agreed value.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Last time I got a quote from hagerty it was around 1700 a year for 60k or so in agreed value coverage. Is that still about right?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
close! I'm at 1800 for 93,500 value. liability and collision , 5k miles a year limit. umbrella used from a different policy total hagerty bill is 2300 as i have a 71 bmw witch is 500 a year

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
depending on your details....my guess your low. make a call to current underwriter and hagerty

·
Registered
101 Posts
I’m in NY and pay $1125 for $40K value, which is low, but I don’t really want to pay more lol...where is everyone located? I’m sure that matters.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a little recent experience with this. USAA valued my 1994 ROW 90 at 55k when I was hit by an old lady a few months ago (I'd done a frame-off rehab on it). I'd forgotten that I'd sprung for "car replacement" on my policy for a few bucks a month, so I also got 20% added to the total. End of day, I got a check for something like $72k for the truck.

USAA wouldn't insure my '83 110, however, so they referred me to American Collectors Insurance. It's a complete resto-mod and frame-off (tuned 4.6L, automatic, etc), and I've got a $100k replacement policy for $600/year.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Are you referring to paying more in premium? If so, it’s a matter of a few hundred dollars a year from what most are already paying. As values in the past 18 months have jumped quickly. So just minimize your risk by getting a higher replacement value if car was a total loss. If you have a 60k agreed value and it could cost you a 100k to replace if a total loss occurred or you can pay a few hundred more a year for say 90k value
Boils down to how much risk ya wanna take if a total loss happens

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a ROW 110, not a NAS, so although my cost may be higher than 40k I’m not really sure how much they would value my 110...I’ll do my best to be safe :). Where in NY are you? I only ask because I know Robert Daino, but he moved to Colorado a while back.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts