Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a FYI if anyone out there is using Hagerty to insure there D90 NAS. Total replacement values have increased significantly over the past 18-24 months. So with one 15 minute phone call and about $400 annual increase to policy premium the total value increased by $25k

just thought i would share

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its worth a call
they rate mine a #2 on there scale. the scale goes from 1 to 4

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chubb is good but they generally want you whole book of business
can't beat hagerty premium, total loss value and you can coat tail an umbrella from other policies

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its worth a call to hagerty to price the policy and the total loss value
as you can always keep you usaa policy if you have other cars, home, umbrella with them
remember if you switch just the d90 to hagerty and mirror the policy to your usaa auto coverage & have a usaa umbrella the d90 will fall under the usaa umbrella even though the underlying policy is now written by hagerty
make sense?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
liability, collision & guaranteed value ( if a total loss) policy
hagerty is a separate auto policy for two of my cars
other that chubb & hagerty i do not know any other underwriter that will give a guaranteed value on a total loss
thats why it is best to get a separate hagerty policy for a d90 or another unique car and use your umbrella from you other underwriter for other cars , house etc you may own.

·
Premium Member
5,949 Posts
Is this an agreed value policy, or just a comprehensive policy? I have USAA and they will not tell me the value of my D90.
Thanks
If they won't tell you the value then that is not an agreed value policy. You are living very dangerously.

·
Premium Member
13,912 Posts
Last I spoke with Hagarty they would not cover a vehicle used off road in any capacity. Is that still the deal? Underwriter declined policy because my tdi 110 had a raised air intake.
They also required the vehicle be garaged when not in use, ie no outdoor/ driveway/ street parking..
Have they lightened up ?

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
I know no one likes to talk $$, but can someone give me a ballpark on what Haggerty premium is like? I have mine under USAA but I now need to get to an appraiser (they gave me a name) to come up with a value for replacement. I want to explore options. But I have no clue what it will run. I know I already pay a couple grand for all my vehicles to USAA. Is a single ROW or NAS in the $500 per year? More? Lot more? just a ball park is all I ask...

·
Registered
327 Posts
I pay A LOT MORE. But I have a company car so it’s a weird deal. I also have mine set at 100k value but it’s absurd and it’s because I have a company car and it can’t prove it’s covered because the company won’t share my policy. Long story but 500 would be a gift! In fact, anyone in the same
Situation as me? I’d love to know how to get my policy down to say $1000 a year vs. the nightmare I’m dealing with now for my beloved.

·
Premium Member
5,949 Posts
I pay $468 a year for the above coverage under Chubb. That includes a 50-something dollar policy that covers my 1964 dart for 12.5.

I live in California, haven't had an accident or a ticket in a decade, I have regular insurance and another car, I have a locking garage, I don't have a snorkel, only pictures were required. No mileage limitation, cannot use it to commute, off-roading is not specifically excluded from the policy, I get three free tows per year up to 500 miles from my house. If I've ever have a claim for damage I could ship the vehicle on insurance dime to any shop within the United States. I'm under 40, I'm a renter, excellent credit. Truck is registered as a 1984 Land Rover.

Your mileage may vary. Local guy here in the Land Rover club could not get his NAS 90 insured through Chub for some reason.

Edit: I have USAA for my commuter car policy. And I have meridian insurance for my motorcycle. Even with them all separate it's still cheaper this way

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
If they won't tell you the value then that is not an agreed value policy. You are living very dangerously.
I’m well aware of this. I can’t get an agreed value policy from anyone due to my location. I have comprehensive through USAA and I’m sure I’m under insured.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts