Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not proud of it, but no longer will my floormats fly up and pelt me with rust. Two hours work and that was cutting out some rust with tin snips and waiting for the loctite rust converter to dry. Forgot to take a pic of the drivers side after I screwed it in. If only my seam sealer had not gone hard I would be done, done.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Better then the stuff that Dr Aaron gave me when I originally bought my truck. Looks functional and fine

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hell, we got plenty of stainless at the barn, some galvy duct too I think. I guess nothing beats maytag though. Looks good.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
OMG. My eyes hurt. You probably have 10 bulkheads in storage...I pray you just don't have the time to swap it right now...

·
Premium Member
15,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only have two new bulkheads for this truck. ? One painted to match, one galvy. ?

Oh, and it was a kenmore from 2000ish. The maytag from 1993 is still going strong.

·
Premium Member
15,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I took the truck to work (60 miles round trip). Why I did not do this years ago is beyond me. Compared to the trip to the rovers club event, it was so much better. After every long weekend trying to talk myself into spending the whole time trying to do a bulkhead (and then talking myself out of it because of fear of snowballing) I no longer have any desire to do a bulkhead (the rest of it is perfect, the floorboards rotted out due to the stupid foam backed factory mats, a broken AC drain, and the gap in the inner fender). I will do the bulkhead swap when I tear it all apart for a full restoration. I am going to do some patches (with an actual welder and pieces cut off the RRC frame I have) on the rear cross member next.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Man, you've got to have some Eastern European blood in you with that craftiness?
Now spray-bomb it and call it an "immaculate nut and bolt restoration" :)

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
How do you plan to stop now that your feet can't touch the ground?

Fred Flintstone

1 - 17 of 17 Posts