Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to reach Jeremy at RMP, but I think he's pretty busy in the shop.
I was wondering if any one has installed one of these kits recently? I think I understand that this works with the original swivel ball housing, ie: I can rebuild the customer's leaking and pitted swivel balls and install the disc brakes when the kits become available again at some future date with only a little duplication of labor?

Appreciate any input!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
believe so but I don't think they use Land Rover brake parts

I've been trying to reach Jeremy at RMP, but I think he's pretty busy in the shop.
I was wondering if any one has installed one of these kits recently? I think I understand that this works with the original swivel ball housing, ie: I can rebuild the customer's leaking and pitted swivel balls and install the disc brakes when the kits become available again at some future date with only a little duplication of labor?

Appreciate any input!

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pads and calipers are GM, I think the rotor is also GM but had to be machined to fit? Maybe that was an earlier version....
I think there is a bracket for the caliper that mounts under or over the stub axle? I had 2 sets years ago and never got around to installing them, but I don't recall the set-up.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
If this is for a series, everything you need is included with the kit. The only modification I had to make, was to file down the oil filler plugs to clear the new caliper bolts.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Swivel balls are unchanged. You get a new swivel housing and can reinstall your existing front hub bearings or put new ones in. The kit is amazingly complete and Simple with a capital s April install. (And uses Chevy parts.)
A link to the complete installation manual is at www.vanislelandrovernetwork.com under the "LR tech info"

·
Registered
34 Posts
...only modification I had to make, was to file down the oil filler plugs to clear the new caliper bolts.
You can also swap the SPH from side-to-side, reversing the oil fill plug location so it does not foul. This did require SPH disassembly, but I was stripping/painting/rebuilding the whole axle anyway...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts