Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!

I am a newbie to posting even tho I've been a member for some time (Gathering intel, looking for deals, etc) and I have a decision to make and need your help.

I have a 1998 Disco I that I am considering selling to aid in getting a 110. Would it be better to sell it for what I can get or part it out to possibly get more? It has approx 150k on odo, roof rack, 2" Old Man HD shocks and springs, jump seats, brush guard with lights, and rock sliders. The usual plastics are breaking down (Visor clips, seat control clips, rear cover tabs, etc). Any thoughts on it?

Thanks! M

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Keep it. The money you will get parting it or selling it will not offset any costs of buying a 110 or owning a 110. I'd suggest using the usual $35k+ to take a vacation in Europe or the UK and find the exact truck you want at a fraction of the cost but have fun in the process.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep it. The money you will get parting it or selling it will not offset any costs of buying a 110 or owning a 110. I'd suggest using the usual $35k+ to take a vacation in Europe or the UK and find the exact truck you want at a fraction of the cost but have fun in the process.
Thanks! I have found a 110 that I want and if i part it out, I could keep a few items and put 'em in the 110. Still debating it. M

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I'd still recommend, if you have the space, to have a second Rover for when you do any longer than a weekend work to the 110.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I think you'll be lucky to get $3k for it whole.... maybe a little more if you have patience. KBB puts it between 3-4k. DWEB puts it under 3.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
One other thing to consider is how much you pay in insurance on your Disco vs how much you could sell the Disco for.
Meh. Having a 99 Disco 1 was less than $12 a month more on my insurance last time I had one. They're dirt cheap.

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Post up a picture of said Disco, you never know.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Your insurance for the disco was less than $12 a month? That's amazing. The same truck would cost me $50 a month.
No. Adding it to a policy with 3 other vehicles added 12 a month. No idea what it was costing by itself for the miles because I didn't care. That was the increase in monthly payments.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts